Advertisement

Easter Eggs from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 359 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh what a tangled web we weave Spidey! Easter eggs and other tidbits from the new Amazing Spider-man Trailer.

Venom, Morbius, and Ravencroft, oh my!  

Let's start with the big one.  When I saw a list appear on screen, I had to get a closer look and it seems to me there are quite a few items of interest here.

But, let's get a closer look...

(right click and "view image" to see the large size of this or any image here)

Do any names stick out here?  My eyes are old, but I see Venom has a couple entries.  I also see Dr. MorbiusDr. Conners, who we met in the first film.  Ravencroft, which is an institute for the criminally insane.  And other interesting entries like Exoskeleton, Australian Project, Synthetic Plants, and more.  Maybe your eyes can pick up what mine didn't and you can add to the list.

Mary Jane?

Even though the part of Mary Jane Watson was cut from the movie, I'd bet money (not a lot, because I don't have a lot) that this is the back of her head.

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one to think of this and Bleeding Cool actually has an image up that makes it pretty certain this is Mary Jane.

Vulture & Dock Ock

There is no way you missed this one, but I can't leave it out.  As our mysterious shadowy figure walked down a hall we see what can only be assumed are the exosuits that will become Vulture and Doctor Octopus at some point.

Which brings us to...

Shadowy Figure / Norman Osborn / Green Goblin

The same shadowy figure we saw talking to Dr. Conners at the end of Amazing Spider-man, and the guy walking down the hall.  Is this Norman Osborn or someone different?  Norman does look pretty sick in later scenes, so maybe this is another possible villain for spidey in the future?

See what I mean?  He's not looking too good here.  Or has he taken a serum and on his way to becoming the Green Goblin?  He does look a bit "gobliny" but that could also be the look of almost dead.

Most people are assuming Harry Osborn becomes the Green Goblin, and that may certainly be the case.  But his hair, aside from not being green, is much more the color of Norman's younger self's hair than Harry's.  Granted, it also changes the rest of his body as well, so changing the hair is perfectly understandable.

Also, as you can see, though the Goblin won't have a helmet/mask this time around, he still has a suit or exoskeleton.  Which makes me wonder what being a goblin does for him if he needs an exosuit for power.

Here we see what I'm assuming is Richard Parker, Peter's dad, and a younger Norman Osborn struggling in a plane.  I don't only post this to offer a better shot of Norman's healthy hair color, but also to point out the flashback scene we see of the plane looks like the death of Peter's parents.

Or maybe the Goblin is Harry Osborn, it does look like him in agony in these frames, which may be a Goblin transformation.

The Daily Bugle Tumblr

A few weeks ago we told you about the viral website Sony started for ASM2, it's a tumblr for The Daily Bugle.  You can see the shout out for the site on the building in the upper right hand corner.

Gwen Stacy's Wardrobe

No, we haven't suddenly become fashionistas, but Gwen is wearing a certain jacket here that was all the rage in behind the scenes photos earlier this year.  Many are speculating that a certain major event is going to befall her because she is wearing this jacket.

Granted, the actual jacket in the comic was a bit more greenish I believe and she is wearing this jacket in another scene holding Spidey after being saved, so who knows.  I normally wear jackets more than once in my life, but maybe that's not how Gwen rolls.

A Sinister Chamber

It's a bit unfair of me to use this shot, when another shot shows that there are more than six of these doors, but it was simply for effect.  This is the chamber we see Harry investigating and it looks like perhaps a secret part of Oscorp where they are working on their various experiments and what I would guess will lead to six individuals teaming up against Spider-man in future movies.

Peter & Aunt May

First of all, I have to say that these "thought walls" we see in movies always annoy me a bit.  Who organizes things like this other than characters in movies so it looks cool on screen?  And more importantly, why are there Polaroids pinned up there?  Who uses Polaroids besides hipsters anymore?  Those better be left from his father.  As for why Gwen is pinned up randomly on the wall, I have no idea.

This scene is really about Aunt May and how it ties into the first movie.  In Amazing Spider-Man she tells Peter than "Secrets have a price," and now she adds onto it with, "Secrets have a price, but so does the truth."

Rhino

Before the "head" slams down we get a peek at Paul Giamatti in his Rhino suit striking a much different image than when we saw him earlier this year in behind-the-scenes pics from shooting.

Felicia Hardy?

No one is quite sure if actress Felicity Jones is playing Felicia Hardy or some other role, but that certainly looks like Jones and she doesn't seem to freaked out by the Green Goblin hovering down in front of her.  Whoever she is playing, she must be somewhat important.

If you haven't watched the trailer yet, what are you waiting for?

Anything you noticed that we missed?  Sound off below.

Written or Contributed by Jeremy Shane

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 335 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Re: Easter Eggs from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Postby SporkBot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 pm

I though I couldn't tell from either poster or trailer, I figured the Rhino mech would have a pilot inside. Suppose it's more "cinematic" than a form-fitting suit...

The trailer looks good, and maybe I'll like it, but since I didn't exactly get wowed by the first one...I'm not holding my breath.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Easter Eggs from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:10 pm

didnt the last movie say that norman osborn is dying? maybe thats what precipitates him goblining up.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum