Advertisement

Magneto Shows off His Bunn in March

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Magneto Shows off His Bunn in March

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:36 pm

HNutz wrote:
I thought that was Magneto's clone, Joseph? :smt102

That too. So yeah.. Rogue's got it bad for anything Magneto-wise.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 216 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm

I honestly never saw much chemistry between the two. Okay, sure, when she couldn't control her powers and his used magnetism to keep himself safe, there's that, and Age of Apocalypse was one thing, but...STILL? He's more than twice her age and she gained control for some time before they ended up sleeping together in a rather weird turn of events after he regaling her with a tale of hunting a man down like an animal and killing him (I like Carey's work, but still...).

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Zechs wrote:Hmm.. a Magneto ongoing that debuts in March. Why it's the perfect birthday gift from Marvel to me. :-D

Now if they give us a Dr. Doom or Hobgoblin series then we'll be set, huh?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Zechs wrote:
That too. So yeah.. Rogue's got it bad for anything Magneto-wise.

Does anyone remember how Joseph and Gambit literally got in a fistfight over her?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:08 am

SporkBot wrote:I honestly never saw much chemistry between the two. Okay, sure, when she couldn't control her powers and his used magnetism to keep himself safe, there's that, and Age of Apocalypse was one thing, but...STILL? He's more than twice her age and she gained control for some time before they ended up sleeping together in a rather weird turn of events after he regaling her with a tale of hunting a man down like an animal and killing him (I like Carey's work, but still...).

I sort of did. At the time both were "reformed" villains and she saw him having had crisis with the possibility that he was going back into that void. Plus that whole bad guy phase that female characters seem lured toward before it was popular.

I look at this way. He's a 90-year old in a late 30-year old to early 40-year old body. If Logan can hook up with the young folk what's the problem with Magneto doing the same?

I don't mind the hookup since Rogue loves the bad boy. Save Sentry. Hmm… I wonder why Rememder didn't choose a certain other Horseman of Death to do the deed not the Grim Reaper. Unless he too hated the "retcon affair" Paul Jenkins put in that epilogue.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 am

Draco x wrote:
Does anyone remember how Joseph and Gambit literally got in a fistfight over her?

You're joking

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 am

Rockman wrote:
You're joking

:smt102 :smt102 :smt102

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:25 am

Draco x wrote:
:smt102 :smt102 :smt102

If I recall I remember that and Rogue getting pissed at the two of them for fighting over her. Then in Magneto War she fantasizes over Magneto and Gambit having a catfight over her. ... Make up your mind woman!

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 am

Zechs wrote:
If I recall I remember that and Rogue getting pissed at the two of them for fighting over her. Then in Magneto War she fantasizes over Magneto and Gambit having a catfight over her. ... Make up your mind woman!

Rogue does love the bady boys and apparently the bad boys love Rogue as well. I am pretty sure most chicks love it when two guys kick the shit out of each other over them.

meinterrupted
Attorney at Law

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: man-hating straw feminist

Postby meinterrupted » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Draco x wrote:
Rogue does love the bady boys and apparently the bad boys love Rogue as well. I am pretty sure most chicks love it when two guys kick the shit out of each other over them.

Eh, not so much. We like it in theory, but when it actually happens it's not as cool as we thought it would be. Makes you feel like a piece of meat--and not in a good way.

in ur comics, fighting ur misogyny

Image Image

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm

meinterrupted wrote:
Eh, not so much. We like it in theory, but when it actually happens it's not as cool as we thought it would be. Makes you feel like a piece of meat--and not in a good way.

Nice answer. :D :D :D :D

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 581 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Bunn on his Magneto book:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=49583

I'm drawn to the idea of a more grounded Magneto, a dark angel who has had his wings clipped to some degree. He's drifting from place to place, staying off the grid. He's investigating threats to mutants, taking them out in their early stages, before they become more dangerous. And he's acting with extreme prejudice.

There is so much room to really delve into Magneto as a character -- to look at the things that make him tick in some new ways. And the story has so much room to explore the Marvel Universe, to grow and expand. There's opportunity here to tell some quiet stories as well as really epic tales.

Another thing I'm excited about is the idea of Magneto as this urban legend -- almost like a ghost story that is told on dark nights. Magneto is a scary, scary guy, and when he makes an appearance it leaves scars.

Magneto sees himself as the ultimate deterrent. If you mess with mutants, he'll find you -- and that's a meeting that will not end prettily. He will not tolerate even the most minor slight against his people, because he feels that the tiniest leniency just opens the door to be stabbed in the back. With new mutants popping up all over the world, he doesn't feel as if he has the luxury of mercy.

Initially, we'll be playing with the theme of power versus powerlessness. Why do people want power? What are the unexpected consequences? What will they do with this power? These are questions for Magneto as well as others. Right now, Magneto's powers are out-of-whack. He's weakened, and he has to curtail his activities accordingly. In going after these "lesser" threats, though, he's tapping into a brutal side of his personality.

The question then becomes -- if Magneto is pitiless and hardcore when he is low on power, what on Earth would happen if he ever reached his full potential again? Would he temper it back? Or will there be too much blood in the water by that time?

I like what I hear. Seems to be going back to his roots.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 309 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 am

If he's "going Rogue" why is he still wearing his X-Belt ? Maybe he needs the extra pouches?

Bunn: Magneto is striking out on his own in this series for a number of reasons. I can’t reveal too much about this, because it might spoil some other awesome stuff that’s going to be going on! But Magneto will not be relying on the X-Men in this series. He doesn’t need them! In fact, he doesn’t think he needs anyone. Soon enough, he’ll realize that is not the case, but he’ll be turning toward allies that are unknown and unexpected to the readers.
Magneto’s powers are still broken. He doesn’t have the fine control that he once had. Controlling large amounts of metal are exhausting at best and out of his league at worst. He’s trying to retrain himself, to push himself, but it is slow going.

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand