Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #26 (Jruk is not pathetic!!! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern Corps #26 (Jruk is not pathetic!!! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 pm

After taking a break to tell the story of John Stewart’s adventures during Zero Year, Venditti and Jensen take things back to the present day as all of the GL books I’m reading continue to kick ass in exploring the new world the Corps is facing.

The issue begins with John and his new recruits chilling out on Mogo, when the Citadel that escaped Oa finally makes it’s way back to their new home. John and the rest try and stop it from crashing, but don’t meet with much success. Mogo however is able to help, as he/she adjusts the gravity for a soft landing. This allows John to reunite with Fatality, but also leads to trouble, as some of Lanterns who have decided to give up on using their rings start to lecture him about how trying to stop the Citadel from falling was a waste of energy. I really am enjoying how the impact of Relic’s revelations are being explored.

Before the argument can really get underway, Hal and Kilowog show up to tell everyone that Jruk’s home planet, Oranx is about to sign a protection agreement with the Khund empire, and that Jruk and some other Lanterns need to go there and try and convince them otherwise. John sends Arisia and some randomer called Feska to go with Jruk, because he needs to stay on Mogo and talk to Hal. John is pretty angry with all of the stuff Hal has been doing as Corps leader, like using Mogo to attack the Clann planet, sending Guy undercover with the Red Lanterns, and of course, declaring war against other spectrum users, which includes Fatality. John punches Hal in the face, which is awesome, Hal deserves a smack every once in a while, but the two friends quickly reconcile, as Hal tells John he needs his help to do better.

The trip to Oranx is a lot of fun, I really enjoy Jruk as a character, he’s just so over-the-top and hilarious, so a whole planet like him, but worse, was great. Oranx solves political problems not through talk, but with violence, which is brilliant. Of course, things don’t go smoothly, as the Lanterns’ attempts to sort things out are fucked with by the Durlans, who really are being built up as great villains. A Durlan agent pretends to be Feska, and interferes in the ‘Blood Bowl’, which is sacrilege, and leads to the real Feska coming really close to getting executed. Jruk is able to save the day, and he realises that the Green Lantern Corps is his real home now, and that the Oranx way may not be the best. They are able to save Feska, but Oranx still signs a deal with the Khunds, and those Durlans are still out there, even on Mogo.

John, after mending things with Hal, gets to work on rebuilding the Corps and doing what he does best, being an architect. In an awesome scene, his ideas are turned into reality in an instant thanks to Mogo, and an impressive new Power Battery and a whole host of other buildings are built.

I’m really loving all the Lantern books at the moment, and I think this one might be the best, Jensen and Venditti are writing the most interesting version of John Stewart ever (yes, even better than the cartoon), and they’ve also introduced some great new characters like Jruk. The art from Bernard Chang is fantastic, and the Durlan plot is really picking up steam. I always felt that under Tomasi, GLC was kind of unnecessary, but now, it’s up there with DC’s best books.

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Re: Green Lantern Corps #26 (Jruk is not pathetic!!! Spoiler

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Wait, are John and Fatality romantically involved? What happened? (Keep in mind, I haven't read a GL book since Brightest Day.)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Wait, are John and Fatality romantically involved? What happened? (Keep in mind, I haven't read a GL book since Brightest Day.)

Yep, they've been going out for a while.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yep, they've been going out for a while.

Why doesn't she want to murder him anymore? I distinctly remember her wanting to murder him.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Why doesn't she want to murder him anymore? I distinctly remember her wanting to murder him.

Yeah, that was years ago. When she became a member of the Star Sapphire Corp, she forgave John and they started to bond and they're now romantically involved. The Star Sapphire ring pretty much removed all the hate from her mind and replaced it with love.
Last edited by Greg on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Greg wrote:
Yeah, that was years ago. When she became a member of the Star Sapphire Corp, she forgave John and they started to bond and they're now romantically involved.

Did the Star Sapphire ring work some kind of influence on her? I'd accept that.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Did the Star Sapphire ring work some kind of influence on her? I'd accept that.

Yes.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand