Friday, July 1, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So who's getting Obamacare?

What will you be doing once Obamacare takes effect?

I will be keeping my current plan.
65%
I will be signing up for a new plan under Obamacare.
16%
I will be losing my insurance.
3%
I don't have insurance now and will continue to not have it.
8%
I am a US Senator or major corporation so I am exempt.
8%
  Total votes : 37

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 am

Thunderstorm wrote:

How can you be sure? I know it has problems, but I'm looking at it as something we will have to work on. Maybe after Obama is gone and people aren't calling it Obamacare, the Republicans might even work with it.

There is a plethora of data to back it up. Look at the debt figure of most of the "civilized" world that offers these social safety nets.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Not a fan of him either, but his explanation was solid.

Austrian economics is just devolution. It's the same with most of everything Ron Paul believes.

"Hey, let's not use statistics or empirical evidence to solve problems. We'll just go with our guts."

Ron Paul and all of his zombies believe shit because it sounds good without much evidence to back it up. It's the other side of what happened with communism.

"Hey this shit sounds good. It works on paper. Let's try it out!"

Too bad the paper they read it on isn't worth wiping one's ass with.

It's actually a recognition of what HAS happened in the past repeatedly. It is the ability to see a trend that is longer than 1 or 2 years.

The paper that is not worth using as toilet paper is Keynesian fiat currency.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:33 am

Thunderstorm wrote:

How can you be sure? I know it has problems, but I'm looking at it as something we will have to work on. Maybe after Obama is gone and people aren't calling it Obamacare, the Republicans might even work with it.

It is something we have to work on ...repealing.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Aren't we already broke?

I know I am broke. But I live in Perú, so...

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm

pastajoe wrote:If you have a plan there's no need to switch. The program is mainly for people who previously weren't offered and/or couldn't afford insurance.

Spektre wrote:Except of course that over time all current plans will be forced out of the market. The trend has begun already.

Not to say I told ya so but...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-29/health-policies-canceled-in-latest-hurdle-for-obamacare.html

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:13 am

Well, the least a caring society can do is provide healthcare to its poor.

It appears government run healthcare is indeed "the least a caring society can do."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/05/02/oregon-study-medicaid-had-no-significant-effect-on-health-outcomes-vs-being-uninsured/

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Spektre wrote:
Except of course that over time all current plans will be forced out of the market. The trend has begun already.

Boy! When you're right you're Spektre.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:57 pm

ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:00 am

john lewis hawk wrote:ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!!

no, minarchy.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
no, minarchy.

Your midget fetish must end, good sir.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 am

:lol:

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 pm

achilles wrote:
You know, I'd be interested in hearing the details of how all this works in countries like Canada, Britain, or say Sweden. Not a comparison mind you, but the nuts and bolts of going from being in the health service to going to see your doctor.

No deductibles, no networks, no insurance-company phone games. You go to a doctor, an urgent care clinic, or a hospital, and you show a health-care card and you are treated. And there's no billing.

You are taxed heavier, but then you are not paying hundreds of dollars a month for insurance. The U.S. system is completely stupid. I really hope that Obamacare morphs, over time, into a single-payer system. I hate the heath insurance system here.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Eli Katz wrote:No deductibles, no networks, no insurance-company phone games. You go to a doctor, an urgent care clinic, or a hospital, and you show a health-care card and you are treated. And there's no billing.

You are taxed heavier, but then you are not paying hundreds of dollars a month for insurance. The U.S. system is completely stupid. I really hope that Obamacare morphs, over time, into a single-payer system. I hate the heath insurance system here.

:smt023

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 am

Eli Katz wrote:No deductibles, no networks, no insurance-company phone games. You go to a doctor, an urgent care clinic, or a hospital, and you show a health-care card and you are treated. And there's no billing.

Obamacare IS "completely stupid", but instead of pining for a greater loss of liberty through theft, I hope for this system to be corrected before it crushes itself, and replaced by a sensible, deregulated, market based solution.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:22 pm

"Healthcare for all!"

leave a comment with facebook