Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Major Gaps in Your Knowledge of Comics

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 pm

This thread is for revealing your ignorance of major comic book occurrences. Hopefully when a gap is admitted by someone, others will come along and fill the gap. I'll start. I was flipping through an old issue of Hulk the other day, and it was made clear that everyone knew that Hulk and Banner are one and the same. I realized, suddenly, that I have no idea when or how Banner's secret was exposed. Anyone care to enlighten me on this point?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:54 pm

It was revealed when Thanoscopter wrote a brilliantly funny article outing him.

:P

I believe it was early on, during the Severin drawn era. Thunderbolt Ross was not above putting it out there to capture the Hulk.

Sorry, not a big Hulk fan.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:01 pm

My knowledge of the X-Men ends at about 1997. What happened to Rogue's Ms. Marvel powers?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Log-Man wrote:My knowledge of the X-Men ends at about 1997. What happened to Rogue's Ms. Marvel powers?

She got wiped clean by baby Hope in Messiah Complex but I don't know if she still had them by then.

I do believe she lost them during the X-Treme X-Men run that most people want to forget about.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Eli Katz wrote:This thread is for revealing your ignorance of major comic book occurrences. Hopefully when a gap is admitted by someone, others will come along and fill the gap. I'll start. I was flipping through an old issue of Hulk the other day, and it was made clear that everyone knew that Hulk and Banner are one and the same. I realized, suddenly, that I have no idea when or how Banner's secret was exposed. Anyone care to enlighten me on this point?

From Wikipedia:
In Tales to Astonish #77 (March 1966), Banner's and the Hulk's dual identity became publicly known when Glenn Talbot, Banner's romantic rival for Betty, witnessed his transformation, turning Banner into a wanted fugitive.

Need to rename this thread "Wikipedia muthafucka, do you use it?" :P

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Geez have so many gaps I dunno where I could possibly start.

But here's one for Marvel/Thor fans: What's the current status of Beta Ray Bill?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Eli Katz wrote:This thread is for revealing your ignorance of major comic book occurrences. Hopefully when a gap is admitted by someone, others will come along and fill the gap. I'll start. I was flipping through an old issue of Hulk the other day, and it was made clear that everyone knew that Hulk and Banner are one and the same. I realized, suddenly, that I have no idea when or how Banner's secret was exposed. Anyone care to enlighten me on this point?

When I started buying back issues way back when - this was one of the books I had to have simply because of the cover!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Keb wrote:From Wikipedia:

Need to rename this thread "Wikipedia muthafucka, do you use it?" :P

Don't need to! :-D

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Amoebas wrote:Don't need to! :-D

But you've got like 9000 years on me and have been reading comics for 8000 of them. :P

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks, Keb and Amoebas. That Tales to Astonish cover is excellent.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Keb wrote:But you've got like 9000 years on me and have been reading comics for 8000 of them. :P

Get off my lawn! :smt013

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Amoebas wrote:Get off my lawn! :smt013

In the future, everyone lives in boxes in the sky!

Bond Hengbu

Postby Bond Hengbu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 am

What should those who are not attached to the big 2 ask?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 am

Love & Rockets

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:16 am

Bond Hengbu wrote:What should those who are not attached to the big 2 ask?

"What have I done with my life?"

:P

leave a comment with facebook