Advertisement

Justice League Of America #10 (The right thing Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League Of America #10 (The right thing Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:11 pm

More Forever Evil fun, as Matt Kindt continues to explore Stargirl’s origin in way more detail than we probably need, but it’s all well-written and interesting stuff. I just feel that, compared to Johns’ tie-ins in Justice League, these issues feel more inconsequential.

The issue is pretty much split between Stargirl fighting against various members of the Secret Society, and with her flashing back to her origins. But Kindt does a good job at making this work, and not making it seem like flashbacks just for the sake of it. You seen, in the process of escaping from that prison, Stargirl and Martian Manhunter’s psyche’s were melded together, so the reason Stargirl is having these flashbacks is because of the strain on her mind, and that manifests by having J’Onn randomly show up in them. I will say that these scenes do get a bit repetitive, as they are basically just Stargirl arguing with Stripesy about her wanting to become a superhero and him not letting her, but they do culminate rather well, with Stargirl rejecting the nagging from both her memory of her step-dad and J’Onn, and going off to save her family.

The ‘mind-meld’ isn’t all bad though, as it gives Stargirl the use of some of Manhunter’s powers, which allows her to not only survive a beating from Blockbuster and Giganta, but also to win the fight and escape. Stargirl then flies up to a tall building to allow J’Onn to use his telepathy to find out where the rest of the Justice Leaguers are. J’Onn discovers that the prison is Firestorm, and wants Stargirl to go to where he is, but this is where she rejects his nagging, and manages to pull him from her mind, and head off to find her family. I did notice that she referred to Stripesy as her dad, which was effective in showing how their relationship has changed.

J’Onn heads off to Firestorm, but there’s a clock on that, as Firestorm is ‘counting down’, and I’m guessing that if he explodes, the Justice League will die.

This was a solid issue with good art from Derenick and Barrows (their similar styles mesh well), and I was glad to get some more focus on Stargirl, but I hope the JLoA tie-ins start dealing a bit more directly with the crossover in the next few issues.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 351 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League Of America #10 (The right thing Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 pm

The fight scenes in this issue were really well done along with all the depictions of the country-wide carnage by the Crime Syndicate.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 710 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:10 pm

I hate how there are no other heroes other then the Leagues and Titans on the Nu52. They could've used this time to introduce new heroes in minis instead of having bad guys vs bad guys minis.

Heroes Reborn gave us Thunderbolts and such, they could've gave us heroes we have yet to see..

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 351 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 am

Bubba, but that is exactly what they are doing :lol:

The Doom Patrol was shown in JL #24 as Grid said that they would need to be dealt with.
Eel O'Brien (Plastic Man) was shown in JL #25.
Platinum from the Metal Men has been previously used before Forever Evil started, and the entire team is shown in the March solicits.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:31 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Bubba, but that is exactly what they are doing :lol:

The Doom Patrol was shown in JL #24 as Grid said that they would need to be dealt with.
Eel O'Brien (Plastic Man) was shown in JL #25.
Platinum from the Metal Men has been previously used before Forever Evil started, and the entire team is shown in the March solicits.

Yeah, I mentioned it in my review of last week's Justice League, Johns seems to be using this event to reintroduce a lot of old characters.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand