Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Major Gaps in Your Knowledge of Comics

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:18 am

Bond Hengbu wrote:What should those who are not attached to the big 2 ask?

a question relating to the thread topic
User avatar

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 am

Bond Hengbu wrote:What should those who are not attached to the big 2 ask?


"Whatever happened to JMS' Rising Stars?"
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 am

Log-Man wrote:
"Whatever happened to JMS' Rising Stars?"


It actually finished. :smt102

Mind you the better question would be "Why did they let Christian Zanier draw some issues of Rising Stars?"
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:47 am

For me, it's more about the Golden Age and the various public domain characters. Which are worth tracking down? Daredevil? Green Lama? Black Terror?
User avatar

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:51 am

Chesscub wrote:
It actually finished. :smt102

Mind you the better question would be "Why did they let Christian Zanier draw some issues of Rising Stars?"


I remember picking up the first 4-5 issues or so and really looking forward to it, then it took time off. A LOT of time off. I lost interest, but I always remained curious (and disappointed).
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 am

Log-Man wrote:
I remember picking up the first 4-5 issues or so and really looking forward to it, then it took time off. A LOT of time off. I lost interest, but I always remained curious (and disappointed).


The first eight and last eight were really really good. The middle eight were hampered by bad artwork. It's worth a read if only for the splendid Brent Anderson artwork in the end.
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am

My major gaps are probably pre-Crisis DC comics, Golden Age comics and the X-Men.

Thanks to Marvel's Essentials I've become pretty well read on most corners of the Marvel U but I've never been a huge X-Men guy.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:59 am

Chesscub wrote:For me, it's more about the Golden Age and the various public domain characters. Which are worth tracking down? Daredevil? Green Lama? Black Terror?

I've read some Black Terror (insert racist joke) and it's actually not bad.

I don't know if any of it is worth tracking down.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Keb wrote:I've read some Black Terror (insert racist joke) and it's actually not bad.

I don't know if any of it is worth tracking down.

I own a number of issues from each of those and apart from the novelty of them, there isn't much to them.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 pm

There used to be an app for android that let you read a bunch of those old public domain titles.
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:55 pm

This thread is for revealing your ignorance of major comic book occurrences.

How about Cthulhu Mythos?

I finally listened to The Call of Cthulhu on audio book and was mystified by the ancient alien themes. Apparently, At the Mountains of Madness also touches on that as well so I was wondering what other works of Lovecraft's specifically involves The Elder Ones and their influence on humanity?
User avatar

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 pm

The Beast wrote:This thread is for revealing your ignorance of major comic book occurrences.

How about Cthulhu Mythos?

I finally listened to The Call of Cthulhu on audio book and was mystified by the ancient alien themes. Apparently, At the Mountains of Madness also touches on that as well so I was wondering what other works of Lovecraft's specifically involves The Elder Ones and their influence on humanity?


I think everything he did.
User avatar

Woody

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Woody » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Psivage wrote:
I think everything he did.


Not everything, but a lot of it.
User avatar

Woody

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Woody » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:41 pm

I am ignorant of pretty much everything Marvel post-Civil War and everything DC post-Infinite Crisis (comics cost too much)

I found out yesterday Kurt Wagner is dead and it made me sad.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Woody wrote:I am ignorant of pretty much everything Marvel post-Civil War and everything DC post-Infinite Crisis (comics cost too much)

I found out yesterday Kurt Wagner is dead and it made me sad.

wait two more months

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 44 guests