Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So I was reading Hawkeye...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Vol 1: My Life as a Weapon and Sam Jackson Nick Fury shows up wearing a super soldier costume talking about a new SHIELD and different methods than his dad. What the heck?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm

That's Nick Fury jr, previously known as Marcus something-or-other. He's original Fury's son - the old man is retired.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:11 pm

When, what, how???

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Bro, don't worry about it, bro.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:33 pm

He first appeared in the Fear Itself spin-off Battle Scars under the name of Marcus Johnson, a US Army Ranger whose identity was supposed to "tear the Marvel Universe apart." Instead, it was revealed that he was Nick Fury's son and that his best friend "Cheese" was actually Phil Coulson. This was done so that Marvel could match their regular comic book properties with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and it's ever expanding merchandise line. Nobody was really surprised by the reveal because most people guessed his identity the moment that they saw the character and the mini-series itself was pretty lackluster.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:34 pm

So is the Marvel Now Secret Avengers book any good?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Dunno. But Ales Kot is about to take over as writer, so if it isn't, it soon will be.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Check my Hawkeye review here:

www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

And please leave me a comment!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Grayson wrote:He first appeared in the Fear Itself spin-off Battle Scars under the name of Marcus Johnson, a US Army Ranger whose identity was supposed to "tear the Marvel Universe apart." Instead, it was revealed that he was Nick Fury's son and that his best friend "Cheese" was actually Phil Coulson. This was done so that Marvel could match their regular comic book properties with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and it's ever expanding merchandise line. Nobody was really surprised by the reveal because most people guessed his identity the moment that they saw the character and the mini-series itself was pretty lackluster.

At least Fury wasn't a White Model Decoy.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Keb wrote:At least Fury wasn't a White Model Decoy.

:lol:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:58 pm

nietoperz wrote:Dunno. But Ales Kot is about to take over as writer, so if it isn't, it soon will be.

Pretty much the only reason it's gonna be on my radar.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:48 pm

thefourthman wrote:So is the Marvel Now Secret Avengers book any good?

I'm not particularly a fan.

Then again, I haven't really liked it since Brubaker was on board.

Both the current/outgoing writer and his mindwiping of the heroes on a regular basis feel... off to me.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:31 pm

thefourthman wrote:When, what, how???

I'd explain but it's all kind of blurry

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 am

nietoperz wrote:Dunno. But Ales Kot is about to take over as writer, so if it isn't, it soon will be.

Ales Kot was at Leeds Comic Con. He's cute :-D :-D :wink:

He seems like such a nice dude. Gave me a free copy of Zero too :)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:19 am

Pizza Dog wrote:
Ales Kot was at Leeds Comic Con. He's cute :-D :-D :wink:

He seems like such a nice dude. Gave me a free copy of Zero too :)

Yeah, he's a nice guy. Not going to comment on his cuteness or otherwise!

I think he's actually started co-writing Secret Avengers already, but he takes over solo with the new #1.

leave a comment with facebook