Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Nominations for Cover of the Week 1/8/14

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:49 am

Last week's winner: Fables #136

Image

What grabbed you this week? Remember, there are six available slots on the poll, and so preference will be given to those nominations that are seconded, thirded, etc.
User avatar

Kravis

Garbage Collector

Postby Kravis » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 am

Deadpool #22

Image
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Batwing #27

Image
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Batman: Black and White #5

Image

Arkanian

SUSHI FISH

Postby Arkanian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Black Widow #1 Milo Manara variant cover

Image
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Swamp Thing #27

Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Arkanian wrote:Black Widow #1 Milo Manara variant cover

Image


Seconded.
User avatar

pastajoe

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby pastajoe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Scooby-Doo Team-Up #2

Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Guys, the poll for December comics is up. Don't forget to vote.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 pm

To me, a good cover does a number of things...
It's designed well.
It's drawn well.
It works with all the masthead, UPC, company data that needs to go on a cover
It conveys an idea that's found within the book itself.
It does not just have some nicely drawn images that are so generic that it could be on this months cover or one from next year or decade.

Image
Seconded
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Amoebas wrote:To me, a good cover does a number of things...
It's designed well.
It's drawn well.
It works with all the masthead, UPC, company data that needs to go on a cover
It conveys an idea that's found within the book itself.
It does not just have some nicely drawn images that are so generic that it could be on this months cover or one from next year or decade.

Image
Seconded


Big thirded!
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Ok, can we get a ruling here? For at least a second week there seem to be comments to the effect of "cover art vs. cover with trade dress". Are we shooting for trade dress specifically?
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 am

alaska1125 wrote:Ok, can we get a ruling here? For at least a second week there seem to be comments to the effect of "cover art vs. cover with trade dress". Are we shooting for trade dress specifically?


I'd prefer it, yes
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Why do we have to fight about it? I say google the cover and post whatever it is you find first, whether it be virgin art or the final version.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Arion wrote:Why do we have to fight about it? I say google the cover and post whatever it is you find first, whether it be virgin art or the final version.

I don't really care one way or the other, but at the same time, much like an earlier complaint about variant covers, I don't get why it's an issue. Cover art is cover art. I prefer it when I can view it minus horrible DC movie ads or art killing red bands along the bottom of Marvel books, but whatever.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, Yahoo [Bot] and 72 guests