Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 501 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 am

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Shōjo Manga Gets TV Anime in April

Dai Shiina's Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (Even So, The World is Beautiful) shōjo manga will get a television anime series starting in April.

The manga revolves around Nike, the determined princess of the Rain Dukedom who has a mysterious power: she can control rainfall. After losing a game of rock, paper, scissors to her older sisters, she is forced to unwillingly marry the king of the Sun Kingdom, Livius I. Livius (or Livi for short) conquered the world in three years, and is known as the "Dreadful King." However, when Nike meets him for the first time, she finds to her surprise that he is a boy younger than she is. Livius abruptly asks Nike to call forth the rain, and when she refuses, he has her thrown in jail. The story follows the two who, while at first are a married couple only in name, gradually begin to establish an emotional bond with one another
Image Image Image ImageImage

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 am

Surreal Gag Moe Robot Anime X Maiden Planned for Niconico

The new anime, game, and pachinko design company Lambert is developing a surreal gag 3D anime series titled X Maiden. Niconico will stream the "moe robot" series of anime shorts for free.

The show takes place in the year 20XX C.E., when a mysterious alien race named "Firow" suddenly appear on Earth. The Firow's dreadful attacks force humanity to engage in a difficult battle. But humanity's last hope, the X Maiden who wear weapons built to destroy the Firow, are about to set out.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 97 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Happens often. In anime and otherwise.

It sure does.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Not sure if this is animated (I am guessing it is live action, but still)... xposting in tokusatsu thread.

Gundam Creator Tomino, Hollywood's Legacy Effects to Make Film

Gundam anime creator Yoshiyuki Tomino will be holding a January 21 press conference to announce the first project in the collaboration between his Ookaze no Okorusama company and Hollywood special effects studio Legacy Effects. The two companies are collaborating in the movie production business — specifically, “movies based on Japanese manga and animation from Hollywood to the world.”

In addition to the pioneering "real robot" anime franchise Gundam, Tomino also created the anime titles Muteki Chōjin Zambot 3, Muteki Kōjin Daitarn 3, Densetsu Kyojin Ideon, Aura Battler Dunbine, Brain Powered, Overman King Gainer, and more.

Legacy Effects is the current name of Stan Winston Studio, the company formed by the legendary special-effects supervisor Stan Winston (Terminator, Jurassic Park, Aliens franchises). Even after Winston passed away in 2008 and his partners renamed the company, the studio continued to work on such films as Avatar, The Avengers, The Hunger Games, Iron Man 3, and Pacific Rim

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 pm

I got a rejection letter from 2000AD. At least they were nice enough to reply.
Apparently my 4 page story wasn't good enough...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Arion wrote:I got a rejection letter from 2000AD. At least they were nice enough to reply.

Sorry...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Amagi Brilliant Park Novels Gets Anime by Kyoto Animation

Kadokawa's Fantasia Bunko imprint (Fujimi Shobo) announced on Wednesday that an anime adaptation of the Amagi Brilliant Park light novel series by Shoji Gatoh (Full Metal Panic!) has been green-lit. Kyoto Animation is producing the anime.

The "slapstick drama" begins with Seiya Kanie, a high school boy who is invited on a date in an amusement park by a mysterious beautiful transfer student named Isuzu Sento. He is introduced to Ratifa, a "real" princess and the park's manager, and is asked to be the acting manager of this "disappointing amusement park in the Tokyo suburbs."

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 761 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Arion wrote:I got a rejection letter from 2000AD. At least they were nice enough to reply.

Fuck them.

Self publish and show them up.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Watched the second episode of Space Dandy.

Nothing has changed in my view of it.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Sui Ishida's Suspense Horror Manga Tokyo Ghoul Gets Anime

The wraparound jacket band on Sui Ishida's 10th Tokyo Ghoul manga volume is announcing on Friday that an anime adaptation has been green-lit. More details will be revealed in future issues of Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine.

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:04 pm

New Black Butler Anime Series Green-Lit

The cover of the February issue of Square Enix's Monthly G Fantasy magazine is announcing on Saturday that production on a new anime series adapting Yana Toboso's Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) manga has been green-lit.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Kick-Heart's Yuasa to Direct Ping Pong Anime for Noitamina

Fuji TV's late-night Noitamina programming block revealed on Thursday that Masaaki Yuasa (Mind Game, The Tatami Galaxy, Kick-Heart) will direct a television anime adaptation of Taiyo Matsumoto's Ping Pong manga this spring. Fuji TV began streaming a 30-second commercial for the anime on Thursday.

The manga revolves around two longtime friends Smile and Peco who are both members of the ping pong club at their high school and are both very talented at the sport. However, Smile's quiet personality keeps him from being able to win against Peco. The club's teacher takes notice of Smile's talent and works to change his attitude toward the sport.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:55 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Sorry...

Well, at least I got a reply. I can't say I've felt ignored.

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Fuck them.

Self publish and show them up.

I will. In fact, this is the cover of my comic (sdsichero is already familiar with the project):

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Arion wrote:
Well, at least I got a reply. I can't say I've felt ignored.

I will. In fact, this is the cover of my comic (sdsichero is already familiar with the project):

Sometimes, you have to do it yourself to get noticed. Lots of great comic folks started out independently.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Folklore-Inspired Light Novel Momo Kyun Sword Gets Anime

The official Twitter account for Kibidango Project's digital light novel Momo Kyun Sword announced on Friday that an anime adaptation has been green-lit. The official website began streaming an announcement video: "In 2014, the project's biggest mission launches. An anime adaptation of Momo Kyun Sword has finally been green-lit!!! Now in production!"

The story begins with a female re-imagining of Momotarō, a famous character in Japanese folklore. Momoko is a beautiful young sword fighter who was born inside a peach (momo in Japanese). She lives with her constant companions — the dog god Inugami, the monkey god Sarugami, and the pheasant god Kijigami — in a peaceful paradise. However, a demon army led by devil king invades the paradise and steals the precious treasure that protects Momoko's land. To retrieve the treasure and save the people, Momoko embarks on a great adventure with her three companions.

And just to annoy Cat...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum