Advertisement

Marvel's Disney Kingdoms Line

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Marvel's Disney Kingdoms Line

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:12 pm

I bought the first issue of Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird. I have to say that I enjoyed what I read, but I have to wonder where Marvel can take this new line from here. The fact that the source of this story, the planned, but never built Museum of the Weird, doesn't exist in the present gives the creative team much more freedom than other teams will have with other series.

A Magic Kingdom series for instance is going to have nowhere near the same level of freedom to tell a story.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 310 posts

Re: Marvel's Disney Kingdoms Line

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:04 am

I think at some point soon they will include Marvel but not quite now at the moment.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 133 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 am

Draco x wrote:I think at some point soon they will include Marvel but not quite now at the moment.

reread his post Draco. He's talking an actual book from Marvel, not whether marvel will be in the park.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 310 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

doombug wrote:reread his post Draco. He's talking an actual book from Marvel, not whether marvel will be in the park.

Gotcha. Why was I thinking about a game instead? Anyways, I stand corrected.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 am

Kingdom Hearts is not Disney Kingdoms.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 pm

doombug wrote:reread his post Draco. He's talking an actual book from Marvel, not whether marvel will be in the park.

Yes, I was talking about stuff being published by Marvel.

Bill Rosemann had a page at the back of Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird #1 in which he wrote about the history of how the series came about. He started off with the words, "the Disney Kingdoms imprint began when..." The key word there is of course "imprint." That word suggests that other series are planned by Marvel. I was just wondering what others here thought of this because, even though I liked this issue, I personally can't see an imprint of series based on the Disney kingdoms in Disney's various amusement parks having much of a life beyond this series.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand