Friday, April 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Cartoon Network No Longer Wants You to Want to Bang the Powerpuff Girls

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Strict also does not know how to care.

You've already stated you would betray me. That's pretty much a deal-breaker right there.

I mean think about it; nobody wants to have evil neighbors. Even evil people do not want openly evil neighbors. Now, what you do in the privacy of your own underground lair is your business. As long as it's between two consenting minions or whatever.

Come on man. Your evil plot is like, so transparent at this point. "Oh hey Strict, how would you like to totally use my evil robot army that is like waaaayyyy more waterproof than your shark army and stuff? I promise that they're not hardwired to attempt to murder you at the first opportunity...which is actually all the opportunities, because I've already told you I'd betray you! For serious!"

Scintillant, here is your first assignment. Would you kindly slaughter this upstart?


Here, this might help.

(hands Scintillant-H a nun outfit)

(and an African snail)
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 pm

i've been keeping quiet because of my respect to the other parties involved, but i feel it's about time i say something.

DO KNOW THAT I AM DAMM PROUD OF THIS WORK OF MINE.
my objective was to illustrate modern, pop cultured, SASSY (not sexy), and humanized Powerpuff Girls who have just beaten the crime lord and have him on the ground. yes, the girls are wearing latex costumes... SO?!?!?! don't all superpowered heroes wear latex?

unfortunately, the comic book will never make it to the stores... yes, i'm truely disappointed... because a perverted mind decided to see in this image what his dirty mind has conjured up, and barked loud enough. worse, he brought up kids and used protecting kids and kids' perspective in his reasoning/excuse. does he think kids are dumber than him?

huge apologies to those who have been waiting... there's nothing i can do.
also sorry to those who's been asking to buy prints of it... i'm not allowed to make prints of it. the characters belong to CN.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!


https://www.facebook.com/yoonmimi
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:19 pm

achilles wrote:Okay, you've got me...












*Notes that Strict doesn't actually know my REAL evil plan, just the obvious red herring*


Wouldn't be surprised if your "real" evil plan actually involves a real red herring...
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 pm



So...they're not teenaged or adult versions of the characters at all, but instead are just modernized, sassy, humanized versions of pre-schoolers.

Sounds legit.
User avatar

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

They don't all wear latex. Just the sassy ones.
User avatar

SporkBot

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby SporkBot » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

i've been keeping quiet because of my respect to the other parties involved, but i feel it's about time i say something.

DO KNOW THAT I AM DAMM PROUD OF THIS WORK OF MINE.
my objective was to illustrate modern, pop cultured, SASSY (not sexy), and humanized Powerpuff Girls who have just beaten the crime lord and have him on the ground. yes, the girls are wearing latex costumes... SO?!?!?! don't all superpowered heroes wear latex?

unfortunately, the comic book will never make it to the stores... yes, i'm truely disappointed... because a perverted mind decided to see in this image what his dirty mind has conjured up, and barked loud enough. worse, he brought up kids and used protecting kids and kids' perspective in his reasoning/excuse. does he think kids are dumber than him?

huge apologies to those who have been waiting... there's nothing i can do.
also sorry to those who's been asking to buy prints of it... i'm not allowed to make prints of it. the characters belong to CN.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!


Wow. So when she shows little girls in short skirts, it's everyone else's fault?

Riiiiight.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if your "real" evil plan actually involves a real red herring...


It was a blue crab actually...





*Real evil plan progressing nicely*
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Here, this might help.

(hands Scintillant-H a nun outfit)

(and an African snail)


That means you had to touch that thing. Besides, I have a defence. I have French neighbors...

As for the nun thing, well, only spanking nuns in tight leather would stand a chance against my robot ninjas...

Good luck finding that costume...
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:38 pm

achilles wrote:Good luck finding that costume...


I'm sure Mimi Yoon could prove helpful.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:30 am

yes, the girls are wearing latex costumes... SO?!?!?! don't all superpowered heroes wear latex?


Wait, what? Are the superhero comics Yoon reads set in fetish clubs?

Because searching on Google for images of latex dresses seems to reinforce that notion.
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Wait, what? Are the superhero comics Yoon reads set in fetish clubs?

Because searching on Google for images of latex dresses seems to reinforce that notion.


Maybe she's referring to what superhero(ine) cosplayers wear. Lotta latex at those shows. Maybe Yoon thought that's what the characters were wearing in the comics too. Or maybe she was just making a joke. :smt102 But her answer seems to be a rationalization, and it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

But I'm torn. If she owned the characters, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with the pic. But they're licensed characters primarily targeted towards a young demographic. Seems like a lapse in judgment.
User avatar

Chessack

dINGO

Postby Chessack » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 am

Strict31 wrote:Maybe she's referring to what superhero(ine) cosplayers wear. Lotta latex at those shows. Maybe Yoon thought that's what the characters were wearing in the comics too. Or maybe she was just making a joke. But her answer seems to be a rationalization, and it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.


Perhaps she made a typo or simply got the concepts confused in her mind, but superheroes are usually said to wear spandex, not latex. They aren't the same material and they tend to have different markets and sets of consumers in the real world. One tends to be involved more with sexual connotations than the other... and that's the one she happened to pick.

Now... perhaps this was a genuine mistake -- maybe she really got latex and spandex mixed up long ago, and has honestly genuinely believed for years that superheroes wear latex. But as you say, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

And it's not 100% her fault either. Where was the editor who should have called her up and said, "Why do you have the PPGs wearing latex? What? No no.... SPANDEX. Please re-do it."
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Been traveling this week, missed a lot, so let me get this straight...

Little females drawn older is bad...
Image

But older female drawn as a kid with guns is good? :smt017
Image
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Amoebas wrote:Been traveling this week, missed a lot, so let me get this straight...

Little females drawn older is bad...
Image

But older female drawn as a kid with guns is good? :smt017
Image


The second cover is less like to cause it's adult readership to subconsciously place too much value on their own innocence.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:03 pm

It's good that I now have to add '...but not in that way' to sentences such as, 'I like the Powerpuff Girls' because, obviously, what this unusually positive show for young girls needed was the implicit association of paedophilia.

So, thanks for that, artist lady.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: avengingtitan and 70 guests