Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fraction/Kessels Fantastic Four run

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Well, I finished it last night and I remember liking up until what? Issue 13 then the whole thing went kerfluey! The last three issues were all over complicated gobildy gook right? Tell me I'm missing something? I know fraction left to write a book that he's no longer writing but this started so promising and then just petered out. Still have to finish FF hoping for not as much a letdown as I had with this.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 pm

FF was brilliant, but Fantastic Four kind of sucked.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 pm

nietoperz wrote:FF was brilliant, but Fantastic Four kind of sucked.

this.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Really? (F4 sucking)
I've heard good things and have Volume 1 on my Wish List. What about it wasn't good?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

outsider wrote:Really? (FF sucking)
I've heard good things and have Volume 1 on my Wish List. What about it wasn't good?

No, FF was great. Fantastic Four was the book that sucked.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 pm

nietoperz wrote:
No, FF was great. Fantastic Four was the book that sucked.
LOL, sorry, I meant to type F4. :lol: :oops:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 pm

nietoperz wrote:FF was brilliant, but Fantastic Four kind of sucked.

I have definitely been enjoying FF more than F4 but, F4 was good till Fraction left it.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Also pretty sure unless I hear great great things about the next volume I'm going to take this as an opportunity to drop Fantastic Four for a very long while.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm

The Fantastic Four started out with a good premise and good art but even Bagley's art couldn't help the book when it went nowhere.

Never read The FF book. Allred's art is a huge turnoff.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm

I have to agree I really enjoyed where Fantastic Four was going when this story first started, but then the time travel got overly and unnecessarily complicated.

Pizza Dog

Zombie Guard

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 pm

I love FF. :smt026

Never read Fantastic Four though, so can't add my thoughts on that one. :?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:33 pm

GOSD wrote:The Fantastic Four started out with a good premise and good art but even Bagley's art couldn't help the book when it went nowhere.

Never read The FF book. Allred's art is a huge turnoff.

I agree with you about Allred but, the damn FF characters are so lovable that I soldiered through it, And I think he'll be good on Silver Surfer.

guitargod694

cheese

Postby guitargod694 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 pm

I like Allred... and I agree that Silver Surfer is going to be a good fit for him.
Looking forward to that book.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Fantastic Four was not much more than Doctor Who fanfic.

I wanted to get into FF but the Darla in a (extremely poorly drawn) Thing costume just never made any sense. After a while it began to read like the comics books me and my buddies would write when we were in 8th grade (and regretted writing a year later).

I'm glad Fraction is gone (Allred too). I would love to see Bagley again but only if he gets to draw the FF interacting with everything they can encounter on Earth. I still pine for the day Kesel gets to run wild with the book (knowing that will never happen).

I'm very reserved about what Robinson is going to bring, but now that Breevort is done spearheading the title, perhaps it can shine again.

But I kinda doubt it.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

After Hickman, I kind of felt anything less would be uncivilized.

I am in for James Robinson.

leave a comment with facebook