Advertisement

"The I'm So Screwed" Superior Spider-Man #26 Edition

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

"The I'm So Screwed" Superior Spider-Man #26 Edition

Postby Zechs » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 pm

FF #16? Ptf that's a cakewalk compared to tomorrow. For we are on the eve of GOBLIN WAR!!!

But I can't help but be terrified. Why? Because I know you fools will tease the ever living crap out of me. That and I fear for my favorite bad guy in Spider-Man. Hobgoblin has never won a Goblin War (there have been "draws" and beatings outside of a Green Goblin costume but never a clear victory in costume) and given Goblin Nation has a lot of goblins sans Hob. Yeah... that record looks like it'll continue.

Part of me wonders if Slott will do it again? But he can't. He's shown with "Danger Zone" that he's a capable Hobgoblin writer. Kingsley MUST LIVE. He's gotta. *sniff*

So go easy on my poor soul will you tomorrow?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: "The I'm So Screwed" Superior Spider-Man #26 Edition

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:02 pm

If anything you should be teased for continually calling it "Goblin War" when it's actually "Goblin Nation" :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:If anything you should be teased for continually calling it "Goblin War" when it's actually "Goblin Nation" :lol:

Hey tomorrow's issue is a GOBLIN WAR. It's Hobgoblin vs. Green Goblin, Menace, Philgoblin, and Monster. The odds aren't in Hobby's favor.

Also Goblin Nation is what's coming after it.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Ahhh, I do see now that it is a ..
Goblin Nation Prelude. The stage is set for the biggest Superior Spider-Man story of them all! And it starts here with a goblin fight like no other: The Green Goblin vs. The Original Hobgoblin! Plus: That thing that happened at the end of #25... That thing that raised all of those questions... You don't have to wait any longer. You'll get your answers.

Okay, I'll concede on that point :P And here ya go ...

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 pm

You want me to drive up and give you a hug?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:40 pm

My take is that I doubt Kingsley will be killed off as Slott wouldn't be dumb enough to piss off the fans again after that Phil Urich debacle in Big Time. What will most likely happen is that Kingsley will probably hold his own and then escape and lay low or get captured and turned over to the authorities. However I am hoping that it is revealed that Kingsley sent in a decoy to engage GG and co while he is observing the fight elsewhere. Despite how many times Marvel has fucked up the Hobgoblin in all his incarnations, Kingsley is too good a villain to kill off after recently bringing him back in the 616 universe.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Zechs wrote:FF #16? Ptf that's a cakewalk compared to tomorrow. For we are on the eve of GOBLIN WAR!!!

But I can't help but be terrified. Why? Because I know you fools will tease the ever living crap out of me. That and I fear for my favorite bad guy in Spider-Man. Hobgoblin has never won a Goblin War (there have been "draws" and beatings outside of a Green Goblin costume but never a clear victory in costume) and given Goblin Nation has a lot of goblins sans Hob. Yeah... that record looks like it'll continue.

Part of me wonders if Slott will do it again? But he can't. He's shown with "Danger Zone" that he's a capable Hobgoblin writer. Kingsley MUST LIVE. He's gotta. *sniff*

So go easy on my poor soul will you tomorrow?

I wouldn't say that exactly as both the Macendale and Kingsley Hobgoblins wiped the floor with the Phil Urich incarnation of GG. But to be fair there is truth in this statement as it's mostly due Marvel believing GG( Norman mostly) is their be-all, end-all goblin and Hobby in all his incarnations is subjected to biased writing by writers who don't know or like the character. Sucks to say.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Hasn't Slott built Kingsley up to be a pretty major badass? If anything, my gut says "Hobgoblin Ascendant" is the theme here.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:47 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Hasn't Slott built Kingsley up to be a pretty major badass? If anything, my gut says "Hobgoblin Ascendant" is the theme here.

I hope so, which is why I theorize that Kingsley will somehow has an ace up his sleeve in the upcoming confrontation-which is most likely the Hobgoblin GG and co will be facing won't be him but a decoy who will take the fall in the upcoming battle while he is seen elsewhere observing. It's pretty much in the same manner Dr. Doom punked Osborn at the beginning of Siege when they had their falling out.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 am

It will never not amuse me that Draco thinks that either Hobgoblin has "fans" :lol:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 am

doombug wrote:It will never not amuse me that Draco thinks that either Hobgoblin has "fans" :lol:

Well Phil I can see, but Jason was in SOOOO many bad 90s stories. The only good one he had was that McFarlane Spider-Man arc with Ghost Rider.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:34 pm

:-D :-D :-D

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Truly he is the SUPERIOR Goblin.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 pm

doombug wrote:It will never not amuse me that Draco thinks that either Hobgoblin has "fans" :lol:

Sigh, everybody is a critic. :smt102 :smt102

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Zechs wrote::-D :-D :-D

Truly he is the SUPERIOR Goblin.

So what happened in the issue, Zechs?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Draco x wrote:
So what happened in the issue, Zechs?

I skimmed the Spock/Avengers/Ghost Pete portions.

Basically the two sides due battle in an abandoned Oscorp building (probably the one from waaaaay back in Amazing Spider-Man #649). Green Goblin demands a truce with Hobgoblin in the fact that both their sides will be wasted if they continue this battle and it'll only benefit Spock.

So a compromise is made between the two: they will do battle and winner gets the other's army. Hobgoblin agrees and the true Goblin War begins. The pair spare back and forth mocking previous goblins before them: Ned Leeds, Jason Macendale, Daniel Kingsley, Bart Hamilton, and Harry Osborn. It's when the later is mentioned and a modified pumpkin bomb is blown point blank that sends Green Goblin into a berserk state. He rips the remaining parts of his costume on his chest to reveal the scar Norman got from Amazing #123.

Green Goblin then starts whaling on Hobgoblin until he has his hands
around the other's throat. Not even after Hobgoblin slams two razor bats
into Green Goblin's exposed sides halt the move and the Hobgoblin dies.

Green Goblin stands victorious with all crime in New York now under his glove. However, Phil lingers next to Hobgoblin's body recalling Amazing #649 and "Danger Zone". He just has to peak whose under the mask. Sure enough the Hobgoblin under the mask ain't Kingsley(it's the butler who showed up at the end of "Danger Zone"). For fear of the Green Goblin instantly losing Hobgoblin's newly acquired lackeys, Phil sets to dispose of the body. However, he ponders where the hell is Kingsley?

Cue the final page we're back in Paris, France with Kingsley brainwashing another poor sap in the Winker Device to think he's the Hobgoblin. He laments on the waste of using his Butler as a pawn since the man knew how to whip a good mixed drink, but sacrifices have to be made.

Cue the final page I posted with Kingsley ready to probably make a huge profit in the new post-Superior world. So basically, Green Goblin wins, but the Hobgoblin wins the larger game.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand