Advertisement

Free Read Of Intro To Silent Sillo

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RAN Ink
A Quagmire

Liked in: 0 post
Title: RAN Ink

Free Read Of Intro To Silent Sillo

Postby RAN Ink » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:09 pm

The walk out of prison (268x207).jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Gene

Night terrors; I’ve always had night terrors. Ever since I can remember.

Ma used to do everything possible to make sure I was okay. When she heard my shrieking voice, she would run to my bedside to comfort me. Any time trouble arose, there she was with Bible in hand. Man, she wouldn’t stop praying until I was calm. Her love was the only I had known, and it always worked.

The terrors got worse, over time. She even tried professional help; I think that was where it all went wrong. The studies were tolerable, but unfortunately my DNA got back to a particular investigator…very particular. It just so happens that I am the bastard son of a mutant soldier who turned rogue. Still, I didn’t find that out until later. Ma did mention my dad, but not much. She said he had wanted me to know that I was special. Yup, I heard that a lot growing up.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you where I’m from. I moved around a lot. I’m originally from DC, but I couldn’t tell you much about it. Due to the mutant hunting league, I bounced from state to state. It was a blessing in disguise, though; Ma and I got to experience so many different countries.

Back to the wacko who stole my DNA sample. He is a part of the league that hunts and uses mutants for its own leisure. He wasn’t actually a part of the hunt to bring down my father, but he was recruited by the league during the hunt. So, when he found out that I was the direct lineage, he saw a golden opportunity to prime the perfect weapon.

Nowadays they say I’m quiet, but I didn’t get much time to make friends growing up. I did make enemies though, starting with my oppressor: Ronald Scaggerra. Most people know him as General Scagg. He was ruthless and vile. After demonstrating impressive intelligence during his training, General Scagg earned stellar merits and excelled in the league’s rankings. Knowing of my father’s mutant capabilities, Scagg tracked me and my mother everywhere we went; a few times managing to abduct me into a mutant concentration camp.

As a youth, I didn’t know the extent of my strengths. It was almost like Scagg knew though. The camps were brutally abusive. Many mutant kids died there, the rest were forced to kill… I’m ashamed to say, myself included. Scagg said I stood out, so he ran extra tests on me. Already aware of my advanced healing and agility skills, plus my tactical war instincts, Scagg lost patience. Unable to figure out my power’s full potential, he sent me back to our last place of residence: Alaska.

Being fourteen years old is difficult for anybody, but for me… I hadn’t seen my mother in four years, plus I was going through my mutant changes. It felt good to finally be in the presence of love again. I can’t forget her home-cooked meals. I can still feel our reuniting hug. Ma always wore the same perfume. She had all these different bottles, but she only wore one.

It was her idea for me to make friends with the kid down the block. “She’s a cutie, Steve,” Ma said. I was so shy. I don’t even know how Autumn could hang out with me. That was her name; I’ll never forget it. Wonder how she’s doing. She was a tomboy at heart, so we watched kickboxing together. Ma swore the girl had a crush on me. Those chances are probably crushed now, since I haven’t written her in five years.

There is one more person I know, out there. He looked out for me when he didn’t have to. Mr. Murdock. After a tragic accident, I ended up in his backyard. Immediately sensing trouble, he helped me. I’d made my most regrettable mistake that night. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was having another nightmare, and, just like usual, my mom scurried to check on me. Only this time was different. My mutant gene had finally advanced; I transformed into my very nightmare. It was an out of body experience; it ended in horror.

A few weeks later, after I had tamed my rage and regained some confidence, Mr. Murdock convinced me to turn myself in.

I’m five years into my life sentence for murder. If you shared my history, you would be quiet too. This is my first time breaking the silence.

Click Link Below To Buy Amazon-Kindle Full Version

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Sillo-World-Keith-Kornegay-ebook/dp/B00HGMWWOW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1388076296&sr=1-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement

The 13th Sign
A Quagmire

Re: Free Read Of Intro To Silent Sillo

Postby The 13th Sign » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Digging the cover art, for sure.

RAN Ink
A Quagmire

Title: RAN Ink

Re: Free Read Of Intro To Silent Sillo