Advertisement

Trillium #6 (We are jungle-bound, ladies Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Trillium #6 (We are jungle-bound, ladies Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I’ll always appreciate Jeff Lemire’s willingness to experiment with storytelling techniques and layouts, but in this issue, the fact that I had to keep turning the book upside down to read it, sometimes 3 or 4 times on a single page did get a bit annoying and caused the story to feel a little bit disjointed. But that story within that was very good indeed.

The story here picks up with both Nika and William in each other’s time periods. Nika has been imprisoned by her sister in Edwardian England for being crazy and talking about being from the future, but she knows that she doesn’t belong. She is rescued from Prison by Commander Pohl, who doesn’t necessarily believe her story, but does think that she knows something about the aliens. Nika heads back to the jungle, and heads out to find the temple, as she thinks that will help her find William and return to her proper time. We also get an interesting flashback for Nika, where we see how her mother died (in her proper time), which was a pretty shocking and emotional moment. At the same time William is in the future, getting ready to evacuate from the planet with his brother. I thought it was interesting how Essie, the computer had memories of both this timeline and the one where Nika was there. This timeline change is not exactly thorough. William also sneaks off and heads to the temple, but when he and Nika arrive at either end of the portal… they find that it’s been destroyed.

I have no idea what’s going to happen and I love that. The story and art here is still fantastic, there’s nothing like getting Lemire on double-duty, and whilst I was a bit distracted by the constant need to flip the comic, this was excellent nevertheless.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Trillium #6 (We are jungle-bound, ladies Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm

If the worst thing that we have to complain about is the fact that we had to keep flipping the book to read it, then I think we can safely say that Jeff Lemire is doing an outstanding job with this series. I honestly believe that Lemire is best talent that DC has at the moment.
ImageImageImage

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 125 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Punchy wrote:I’ll always appreciate Jeff Lemire’s willingness to experiment with storytelling techniques and layouts, but in this issue, the fact that I had to keep turning the book upside down to read it, sometimes 3 or 4 times on a single page did get a bit annoying and caused the story to feel a little bit disjointed. But that story within that was very good indeed.

The story here picks up with both Nika and William in each other’s time periods. Nika has been imprisoned by her sister in Edwardian England for being crazy and talking about being from the future, but she knows that she doesn’t belong. She is rescued from Prison by Commander Pohl, who doesn’t necessarily believe her story, but does think that she knows something about the aliens. Nika heads back to the jungle, and heads out to find the temple, as she thinks that will help her find William and return to her proper time. We also get an interesting flashback for Nika, where we see how her mother died (in her proper time), which was a pretty shocking and emotional moment. At the same time William is in the future, getting ready to evacuate from the planet with his brother. I thought it was interesting how Essie, the computer had memories of both this timeline and the one where Nika was there. This timeline change is not exactly thorough. William also sneaks off and heads to the temple, but when he and Nika arrive at either end of the portal… they find that it’s been destroyed.

I have no idea what’s going to happen and I love that. The story and art here is still fantastic, there’s nothing like getting Lemire on double-duty, and whilst I was a bit distracted by the constant need to flip the comic, this was excellent nevertheless.

THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

Hab

AngusH
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 24 posts

Postby AngusH » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm

This has gotten better for me since the body/life swap, and #6 continued the uptick. I did find it annoying having to flip the book around so much in #6 though.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 286 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm

I really didn't like the book flipping this time. It's worked when Lemire hes done it in different ways in other issues of this series. The way he used it this time just didn't work for me. Having said that, the story itself was great. I liked seeing the flashback to the day Nika lost her mother. It gave me more understanding about what makes Nika herself.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand