Advertisement

X-Force #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

X-Force #1

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Anyone else get this? Mixed feelings...the story has potential, art while a bit muddy was decent but the characterisations of Marrow and Fantomex were a massive WTF for me.

To give you an idea, Fantomex now speaks more French than Gambit dialog at its worst.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 273 posts

Re: X-Force #1

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Isnt he supposed to? Didn't Morrison pretty much lift a character from French comics?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: X-Force #1

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Isnt he supposed to? Didn't Morrison pretty much lift a character from French comics?

From Morrison's and Remenders books I never saw him go overboard on mixing French and English on a Batroc/Gambit level. I think his speech was pure English 90% of the time.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand