Monday, July 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Interview: James Tynion IV Spoils the Return of Stephanie Brown

The character is good hands it seems.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:11 pm

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Okay, its Gordon, but still pretty cool!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 am

Not a bad gif.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:00 pm

So I helped plot this fan comic called "A Better Tomorrow" with an artist friend of mine whose a fellow Cassandra Cain fan named Kiarou. He worked on the art and eventual script (noting it be better with Bruce saying some words throughout. I fully agree). He so knocked it out of the park:

:-D

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 am

Due to Batman #28 today I feel the only thing appropriate is this:

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:43 pm

From Batman Eternal #3. Her first appearance in the New 52.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 pm

David Bird wrote:Image

From Batman Eternal #3. Her first appearance in the New 52.

Three things:

#1 That costume is basically her Batgirl costume just without an emblem, has the purse, and the cloak cape. Still a neat costume.

#2 She was locked in a vault for safe keeping. I guess Snyder loves the irony of the situation.

#3 Why is she tied up like that?

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 am

Well... we'll have to buy the comic and read it! (FEB140140 for issue one, FEB140143 for Steph's first appearance. Time to put our money where our mouth is and support her return through sales.)

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 am

David Bird wrote:Well... we'll have to buy the comic and read it! (FEB140140 for issue one, FEB140143 for Steph's first appearance. Time to put our money where our mouth is and support her return through sales.)

Done.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am

I'm still not excited in the least by "Steph's return". You know she's going to be DCnU'ed into oblivion, just like everyone else. An characteristically unrecognizable Stephanie Brownappearing in a comic is NOT a true return of Stephanie Brown.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 pm

That might happen (we'll see), but the first step in getting back the "true" Stephanie Brown is getting her back on the page.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Herald wrote:I'm still not excited in the least by "Steph's return". You know she's going to be DCnU'ed into oblivion, just like everyone else. An characteristically unrecognizable Stephanie Brownappearing in a comic is NOT a true return of Stephanie Brown.

Honestly, given her fanbase (who chief among them are VERY vocal and confront DC head on) and past history DC would be wise to treat the character right. They'd dare not give her the Tim Drake treatment aka Scott Lobdell writing her hence why I think Batman Eternal will reestablish Steph/Tim's past but for new audiences.

It sucks, but I'm okay with that as long as the writer handles her as Dixon/Puckett/Horrocks/Miller/Fab did in the past. Same with Cass.

As long as the writer doesn't pull what they've done with the Beechen Era or what they're currently doing with Lady Shiva they'll be fine. Hell, I'm still surprised they haven't given Cass the "Iron Fist" or "Daredevil" treatment. She's character who under the right artist/writer (as shown by her early and later runs) amazing stuff can be churned out.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Herald wrote:I'm still not excited in the least by "Steph's return". You know she's going to be DCnU'ed into oblivion, just like everyone else. An characteristically unrecognizable Stephanie Brownappearing in a comic is NOT a true return of Stephanie Brown.

More like an alternate version of her from another universe basically.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 am

Here's a sketch card I drew for a friend as a Christmas gift. :)

leave a comment with facebook