Monday, August 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Was The last Film You Watched ?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Gravity - Visually stunning movie that featured great performances by Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, however, about 5 minutes into the movie I was already annoyed by Bullock's character. She played the character exceedingly well but I had a really hard time finding her particularly likable.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Machete Kills, Riddick, Escape Plan, and Orgazmo

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm

The Wolf of Wall Street - Really great movie but wow, was it long! This was easily the best performance of Jonah Hill's career and Margot Robbie was stunning. I wouldn't say that her acting was the best but visually it was hard to keep your eyes off of her.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Ender's Game.

So much was absent from the book. Some of the things they did include from the book made the absent things conspicuous because of sheer weirdness. Like the Mind-Game that Ender played during his downtime. It was so strange in the book that I'm kinda surprised they put as much of it in the movie as they did.

They really glossed over Battle School. It was in battle School that the reader was shown that Ender was a genius. In the movie, despite being and entirely visual medium, we're simply told over and over that he's a genius.

I kinda missed the B-plot involving Valentine and Peter back on Earth, but ultimately, it was never truly vital to the story. It would have been cool to see that Peter was like Dexter in the future and how vital Val was as a balancing force between Peter and Ender.

But whatever. It was okay.

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Haunter - Little Miss Sunshine stars in the horror version of Groundhog Day. She's the only one in her family that is aware that they keep reliving the same day.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
They're all ghosts that keep reliving the day before they died.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:00 pm

American Hustle

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:09 pm

The Spectacular Now - Spectacular.
Ender's Game - Unspectacular.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:36 pm

The Muppet Movie (1979)

Still fucking excellent.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Log-Man wrote:The Muppet Movie (1979)

Still fucking excellent.

I haven't seen that movie in years.

It's good to hear it still stands up after all this time. :)

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Special ID- Found this kinda hard to follow but Donnie Yen is awesome so I stuck with it. Car chase and fight at the end were great!

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 pm

It was okay, I guess. :smt102

Not a big George Clooney fan. I find his movies kinda dry, but my brother wanted to see it.

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:52 am

Innocent - Alexa Vega and a bunch of nobodies decide it's a good idea to shoot an entire movie in one take with pretty bad results. This movie also had the poorest picture quality of any movie I have ever watched and completely froze two times during viewing. Recommended to people that enjoy watching a movie shot through a camera lens that becomes dirtier and dirtier as the film goes on and people that would like to see what it's like for a person to watch a movie with out their prescription glasses.

The Counselor - I'm a huge fan of Ridley Scott and found this movie completely boring. It had such unnatural dialogue in it. There's not a person on the planet that speaks like these characters. Such a let down for me.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:54 am

Re-watched this on DVD, I still like it.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:23 pm

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

A very weird movie that I was in to towards the end. I think I enjoyed it.

leave a comment with facebook