Advertisement

GIJoe Club!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 804 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: GIJoe Club!

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Not sure if this was posted before... but it looks like something Zechs should get...

http://blog.yahoo.com/_6QGBPW5QQ34IWUV2W4RPKNLMZM/articles/1248089/index

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Comixology has a GI Joe trade marked down to $0.

http://www.comixology.com/G-I-Joe-A-Rea ... omic/23889

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:29 pm

TF '14 G.I. Joe:

The reason why Flint and Cobra Eel are two different colors is due to one of them will be a convention exclusive. They are all slated to be TRU Exclusive (save again that one variant of Flint vs. Eel).

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Courtesy of HiSSTank from TF '14:

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:27 pm

The last few years have been...odd for the GI Joe line. There have been a bunch of bad figures clogging store shelves, and a lot of great figures that have been nearly impossible to find. So, re-releasing some of those hard to find figures alongside new ones is a fantastic idea. Okay, yeah, you can quibble with some of their choices (Blowtorch again? Another BAT repaint?), but for the most part, these are some excellent figures. The Low Light/Night Viper, Lady Jaye/Baroness and Leathneck/Hawk/Destro packs in particular are cool. Hopefully these will do well and we'll get a second chance to get figures like the 30th anniversary Storm Shadow and Lifeline alongside more of those concept case figures that were shown a couple of years ago.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 857 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun May 25, 2014 8:13 am

I don't know if I'd call him the father of GI Joe (maybe the grandfather), but...

http://comics-x-aminer.com/2014/05/25/donald-levine-the-father-of-g-i-joe-passes-away/

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue May 27, 2014 9:25 am

GLX wrote:Comixology has a GI Joe trade marked down to $0.

http://www.comixology.com/G-I-Joe-A-Rea ... omic/23889

Totally free ?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue May 27, 2014 11:46 pm

The first batch of 50th Anniversary Figures are up for Pre-Order.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 804 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:20 pm

He's currently busy with Jem (Zechs' 2nd most wanted movie)

COBRA Command
cheese

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: It's all about me.
Formerly: a used-car salesman

Postby COBRA Command » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 am

Chu's out. Evan Daughterty's out. Whatever the script was has been scrapped.

Johnathan Lemkin (Red Planet, Lethal Weapon 4, Shooter, - 2 scripts since the millennium) is apparently writing a new script that will focus on Roadblock. Speculation if whether he's an actual person or even still alive exists. For all we know Bernie Lomax is writing and directing.

COBRA Command
cheese

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: It's all about me.
Formerly: a used-car salesman

Postby COBRA Command » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Terror Drome Review

Includes:
Mini-figs: Serpentor, Xamot, Scarface, Hawk, Mainframe, Gung Ho
Builds: Air Chariot, Sky Hawk, Terror Drome base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a conversation with a fellow collector the other day about Hasbro's KREO line and I came away with one statement he made in comparing KREO to LEGO. After putting together the Terror Drome that statement is still nagging at me.

He said, "With LEGO I know in 20 years the bricks will still interlock. With KREO I'm not confident they'll connect out of the box."

And sadly it's true. I love the GIJoe KREO line, I want nothing more than to see it be successful. Would I rather it be LEGO? Quality-wise yes, but I also applaud HASBRO's innovation of the mini-figure, and with LEGO I don't believe we would get as complete a set as we have in the KREO line. Look no further than LEGO's Marvel line to see half-built releases that sell more because of the mini-figures included than the actual build itself.

Going in my main concern was there being no issues with the mini-figures. Being a $100 set they could end up being a pain to replace and with my local TRU's seemingly not carrying the new waves, it would mean sending it back or hoping for it to finally hit stores.

Thankfully I had no major issues with the figures. Hawk's right hand was a little looser than the rest but it stayed in place so I'll count that as a win.

The Air Chariot went together without a hitch, as did the Sky Hawk. Both were fun little builds. The twin engine pegs could have been a little tighter when fitting into the 1x1 connector piece, but other than that the builds seem pretty sturdy.

The base of the Terror Drome was a little tricky. The pieces on the base didn't want to stay level until I got the bottom flats, middle bricks, and top flats together and gave them a good squeeze. The rest of book two went together fairly quickly. I did have a 1x1 clip that holds the side panels on come in a little warped. Looks like the mold didn't take all the way, but I was still able to get it to work.

I found the top of the Terror Drome to be the least stable. I really had to work to keep the large curved panels to stay connected to the build. To help secure those I used some additional grey 2x4 flats over the area where the red seats go. This seemed to help hold them together better. The side walls secured nicely and I really love the attention to detail in the monitor stickers. When putting together the launch bay I again had a 1x1 clip that wasn't molded properly (but still got it to work, although I'll probably swap the bad ones out with LEGO extras I have). I think the set could have done with a few extras of those pieces thrown in.

I wish there was a slightly better way to secure the upper portion to the base rather than just setting it on top. Until I secured the curved panels better with the 2x4's, the top portion would keep coming apart.

I think I came out of the build a little disappointed with some of the QC and connecting issues encountered, but overall I love the look of the design. I'm not sure if its the largest KREO set (thinking of the Enterprise / Klingon TRU exclusive?) but it's definitely the largest KREO set I've put together. It's also my first Terror Drome as I never had the original 3 3/4" release.

Much like the classic Grimlock dinosaur build I noticed an improvement in the plastic interlocking, but again there were still some issues with the larger pieces fully securing and those 1x1 clips having some mold issues.

I wasn't sure what the final size was going to be. I knew it wouldn't be Death Star big (although one could hope) but I was hoping for it to be at least half the size and I think that is where the final build came in. I should take some comparison shots of the two.

I really hope this isn't the last offering for G.I. Joe KREO, (I'd love to see a Dreadnok Thunder Machine set with Road Pig, Thrasher, and Buzzer - a Cobra La set - and a Joe base) but if it is the line went out with a bang.

Until we hear more though it's a wait for those wave 4 KREO packs to show up!

HNutz likes this post.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 pm

This week's episode of Face/Off was GI JOE (okay, COBRA) themed and the prize was a set of 50th anniversary GI JOEs.

Would love to see what the winner got.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum