Advertisement

Mission Accepted: 'Arrow' Recruits the Suicide Squad

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 161 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm

The popular team of villains recruited by Amanda Waller to go on "suicide" missions will be showing up on Arrow March 19th.

Source: EXCLUSIVE: Amanda Waller Unleashes the Suicide Squad on "Arrow"

The moment fans learned that Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White) and Amanda Waller herself (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) would be showing up on Arrow this season, they were frothing at the mouth in anticipation. Well, thanks to the EXCLUSIVE (sigh) reveal on CBR, we know that on March 19th the Suicide Squad will debut on Arrow! Here's the team line-up:

From left to right you have: previously mentioned White as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger, Sean Maher as Mark Scheffer/Shrapnel, Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Amanda Waller, Michael Rowe as Floyd Lawton/Deadshot, Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels, and David Ramsey as John Diggle.

The episode will be written by Keto Shimizu and Bryan Q. Miller (who is most recoginized for his work on Batgirl Volume 3 and for writing some later episodes of Smallville and who is currently still writing the ongoing comic based on that show). It'll find Diggle recruited by Waller to go on a mission, and she gives him this team to assist him.

As for those who don't know much on the team, the short summary is this: they were created in the Silver Age and became extremely popular in the late-80s with an ongoing book under John Ostrander, who used Deadshot, Waller, and Tiger as the main fixtures of an ever revolving cast on the book. This seems to be a current theme in DC's multi-media empire, as the Squad's formation were a bridge between the Batman: Arkham Origins games that came out last year (Waller and other Squad allum Rick Flagg recruited Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Bronze Tiger in the various ports of the game).

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts

Re: Mission Accepted: 'Arrow' Recruits the Suicide Squad

Postby doombug » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Ben Browder is in the episode as part of the team too. :lol:

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Jack flag? Not Rick? And Waller needs to be fatter

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 201 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Does anyone think that this will lead to a possibility of their own show down the road as this is the idea I am getting here.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 381 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:12 pm

... I was wondering why Diggle was in that photo.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:15 pm

HNutz wrote:... I was wondering why Diggle was in that photo.

Probably because his ex-wife is in the photo and he will get dragged along with her. :smt013

Dammit, what happened to his brother's ex? I liked her infinitely more than Lyla!
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:20 pm

yeah, I figure Dig is clearly filling the "Rick Flag" role on the show. which is great, they need to give him something to do this season.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I normally can't stand Captain Boomerang, but in the context of this show, being very low key in terms of superpowers, he might have been a good addition to the team. And of course, Plastique.

But it's not as if Arrow has disappointed me thus far...

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 pm

I could see them eventually adding Boomerang to the Squad if this episode is popular enough after his eventual introduction on Flash. :smt102

Bond Hengbu
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 20 posts

Postby Bond Hengbu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 am

Strict31 wrote:I normally can't stand Captain Boomerang, but in the context of this show, being very low key in terms of superpowers, he might have been a good addition to the team. And of course, Plastique.

But it's not as if Arrow has disappointed me thus far...

Is horrybly written post Ostrander? Why do you hate him? He is awesome.
" Power has two faces:

It's original form is as loathsome and obscene as it can be. only when you grab it, it turns into a kind face"

King Geum-Wa from Jumong

Pizza Dog
cheese

Liked in: 176 posts
Title: Awesomesauce

Postby Pizza Dog » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:35 am

Sean Maher :smt007 :smt007 :smt026
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14 - London Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Newcastle Film & Comic Con '15

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:40 am

Bond Hengbu wrote:Is horrybly written post Ostrander? Why do you hate him? He is awesome.

I have a very low tolerance for heroes/villains who are "super" because of their ability to throw stuff at their foes. This includes guys who shoot arrows. There is a reason why both the boomerang and the arrow have been supplanted by the firearm. And if you could make a super-duper trick arrow or boomerang, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same to a bullet.

It's even worse when such characters are meant to hold their own in a world where other characters can run at the speed of light or shove the moon out of orbit.

In comics, I have always despised characters like Green Arrow and Hawkeye (and yes, Captain Boomerang). But with the recent on-screen portrayals of GA and Hawkeye, my hatred has really been turned around. With the Arrow series in particular, they've crafted a world in which superhuman powers are very rare. So a guy who throws razor-sharp boomerangs as his claim to fame isn't overshadowed by some character who can incinerate him with a stern glare. Boomer could be a genuine, believable threat in this world.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:56 am

Grayson wrote:
Probably because his ex-wife is in the photo and he will get dragged along with her. :smt013

Dammit, what happened to his brother's ex? I liked her infinitely more than Lyla!

She was a civilian, there wasn’t much they could do other than have her be a damsel in distress. :smt102

I didn’t have much interest in seeing the Suicide Squad but seeing Diggle and his ex on the team they’ve changed my mind.

Bond Hengbu
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 20 posts

Postby Bond Hengbu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:07 am

Strict31 wrote:
I have a very low tolerance for heroes/villains who are "super" because of their ability to throw stuff at their foes. This includes guys who shoot arrows. There is a reason why both the boomerang and the arrow have been supplanted by the firearm. And if you could make a super-duper trick arrow or boomerang, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same to a bullet.

It's even worse when such characters are meant to hold their own in a world where other characters can run at the speed of light or shove the moon out of orbit.

In comics, I have always despised characters like Green Arrow and Hawkeye (and yes, Captain Boomerang). But with the recent on-screen portrayals of GA and Hawkeye, my hatred has really been turned around. With the Arrow series in particular, they've crafted a world in which superhuman powers are very rare. So a guy who throws razor-sharp boomerangs as his claim to fame isn't overshadowed by some character who can incinerate him with a stern glare. Boomer could be a genuine, believable threat in this world.

There is no way a guy with a bow could survive those situations against people with guns. Captain Boomerang would be just as realistic.
" Power has two faces:

It's original form is as loathsome and obscene as it can be. only when you grab it, it turns into a kind face"

King Geum-Wa from Jumong

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 am

Bond Hengbu wrote:There is no way a guy with a bow could survive those situations against people with guns. Captain Boomerang would be just as realistic.

You really are a troll, aren't you? If not, this would mean that you believe a bow or a boomerang is just as practical a weapon as an assault rifle.

But this isn't something I'm interested in focusing upon in this thread. The point is, with the low-power focus of Arrow's setting, Boomer would be a great character to add as a tangible challenge that could hold his own.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum