Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Fantastic Four #1 Preview

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 am

Fantastic Four #1  Preview

Marvel honors one of their most popular and longest running titles with a gloom-n-doom relaunch



Source: Comics Continuum previews

 

Marvel's solicit says:

 

"The Fall of The Fantastic Four" Part 1.  The world's greatest comics magazine begins anew with Marvel's First Family, the Fantastic Four! But as the brilliant Mr. Fantastic, the compassionate Invisible Woman, the ever lovin' Thing and the hot-headed Human Torch embark on a strange mission, they aren't met with new beginnings, but an untimely end! As the family of cosmic explorers head towards their darkest hour, who could possibly be behind their downfall? And how is one of their oldest enemies, the sadistic dragon known as Fing-Fang-Foom involved? Prepare for the fantastic!

 


Written by:  James Robinson
Art by:  Leonard Kirk, Karl Kesel
Covers by:  Leonard Kirk, Alex Ross, Katie Cook, Jerome Opena, Skottie Young, Rags Morales
32 pages
$3.99  (US)
On sale:  February 26, 2014


























Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:24 pm

ugh, God that dialogue is depressingly atrocious. looks like we're back to "bad Robinson" here.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Red costumes is just wrong.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 am

So, Marvel is no longer gonna let big box bookstores sell single issue comics, but Hastings has a variant cover to the new fantastic four #1?
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 am

Punchy wrote:Red costumes is just wrong.


I know right?

Black and White were off putting but at least the FF had those colors in their costumes before.

Red is just....yeah wrong.

I really hate these costumes. I'm talking Sue Richards slutty costume hate here and for me that's A LOT of hate.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 am

chap22 wrote:ugh, God that dialogue is depressingly atrocious. looks like we're back to "bad Robinson" here.

It reads a lot like the way the FF spoke back before the '90's.

In other words, it might be better than I thought.

Still, the revealed direction remains unappealing.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:29 am

Jack Burton wrote:
I know right?

Black and White were off putting but at least the FF had those colors in their costumes before.

Red is just....yeah wrong.

I really hate these costumes. I'm talking Sue Richards slutty costume hate here and for me that's A LOT of hate.


I thought the same thing about Sue's slutsuit being better when I saw the latest cover solit...
Image

But despite how silly they look, I'm more curious about why they need to change their costumes. Unstable Molecules are supposed to be pretty pricey, so all these variations just because a real world artist (or movie guys) wants to change them doesn't make sense within the context of the MU.
User avatar

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 am

Ok, first thing: Sue doesn't float weightlessly like that variant cover; she rides the force field constructs. Speaking of which, the force fields are supposed to be invisible. I know you need a representation on the page that the reader can see, but the dark and reflective just looks silly. Nitpicky? Yes. But it's details like that which really distract me from the comic book characters I've been reading and loving the longest. (Things like Reed bleeding from being punched just piss me off.)

That dialogue is really bad. Har har indeed.

Now, as to the costumes ... well, the less said the better. I'll just say I don't like them. I didn't like the white ones either, but they had a lot of fans, so who knows?

And finally ... I want to see Fin Fang Foom put Johnny in his pants.

Image
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 am

thefourthman wrote:So, Marvel is no longer gonna let big box bookstores sell single issue comics, but Hastings has a variant cover to the new fantastic four #1?


I was wondering about that. I'm not familiar with Hastings. Is it a retail chain ?
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:27 am

Log-Man wrote:Ok, first thing: Sue doesn't float weightlessly like that variant cover; she rides the force field constructs. Speaking of which, the force fields are supposed to be invisible. I know you need a representation on the page that the reader can see, but the dark and reflective just looks silly.

No Prize explanation... Sue has a seldom used powers. She can make the invisible visible.
Image

A mostly useless power as things are generally not invisible, but as it is a power of hers, it's not hard to say she's developed it enough that she can turn her own invisibleness visible - thereby giving it refractory properties.

Of course, I doubt the artist/colorist went this far when thinking it through.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Amoebas wrote:
I thought the same thing about Sue's slutsuit being better when I saw the latest cover solit...
Image

But despite how silly they look, I'm more curious about why they need to change their costumes. Unstable Molecules are supposed to be pretty pricey


They were having a 40% off sale on red unstable molecular clothing

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests