Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dr. Mindbubble (Captain America #17 Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I've found that from my point of view, villains with mind controlling powers usually make for interesting stories. I always liked Dr Faustus as a foe, for instance. So, I do have to say that I like Dr. Mindbubble. He looks ridiculous, but his powers come across as being really effective.

The use of his powers on Fury Jr this issue made for fun reading. I wonder what Mindbubble and the Iron Nail want with the secret helicarrier revealed at the end of this issue. It's going to be interesting to see just what it is that's aboard that they want.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Just so I have this right, Weapon Minus and Dr Mindbubble are two different characters?

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:07 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Just so I have this right, Weapon Minus and Dr Mindbubble are two different characters?

That's the one point that I'm a bit confused about. I think they might be one and the same, but I'm not sure. I think the Weapon Minus program is what created Dr Mindbubble.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:51 am

I wasn't sure what to think of him when I first saw him in the previews, but I think I kinda like him.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm

I think I liked him a lot more the first time I read about this character, when he was called Madcap.

Remender has run this book completely off the rails since Dimension Z ended. It's a shame.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm

chap22 wrote:I think I liked him a lot more the first time I read about this character, when he was called Madcap.

Remender has run this book completely off the rails since Dimension Z ended. It's a shame.

I agree. I'm seriously considering dropping this if it doesn't turn around in the next couple issues.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm

oogy wrote:I agree. I'm seriously considering dropping this if it doesn't turn around in the next couple issues.

Is it going so bad?
I wasn't expecting that drop in quality.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 pm

I like it. It's the only thing I look forward to reading each month.

Between this and the Winter Soldier mini, I like where Remender is taking us.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 pm

chap22 wrote:I think I liked him a lot more the first time I read about this character, when he was called Madcap.

He is a bit like Madcap isn't he. I forgot Madcap used to have that "bubble gun".

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:30 am

It's funny that this Mindbubble guy is in a Captain America comic.

Cap has basically spent the last 50 years being a man out of time, never truly grasping all the changes that have happened during his years on ice.

And then Mindbubble shows up after being locked away for 50 years and he acts like he's completely in tune with 2014 (likewise the new Red Skull who also was immediately acclimated to the present day :roll: ).

And 50 years? SHIELD has been around for 50 years in comic book time? :shock:

But let's not forget the real bad guy of this issue. The evil Banker dude. I don't know how that could have been any more stereotypical (unless you count Cap profiling the three guys in hoodies). :-D

And the dialogue for the hoodies? :lol: I also laughed at how the two hoodie grunts just decided to attacked Black (who was just an innocent bystander at the time) instead of the verified threat Cap was.

I don't know why I've kept ordering this book. I think I'll stop.

Johnny Smith

penile prisoner

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Amoebas wrote:And 50 years? SHIELD has been around for 50 years in comic book time? :shock:

Um, yes. Nick Fury started SHIELD the day the Beatles came to America :P

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
Um, yes. Nick Fury started SHIELD the day the Beatles came to America :P

But the Human Torch and the Thing met the Beatles, and since they're only 10 years older than when they first got powered, that means the Beatles first came to America in 2004! :shock:

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook