Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Daredevil (volume 4) Discussion Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:54 pm

... I THINK it's volume 4. But anyways.

Thought we could start one thread to discuss everything.

First off, I found a cool preview link: http://storify.com/Chris_TOMP/the-ultimate-daredevil-1-preview

Some stuff I found there includes...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I just read the first deluxe hardcover from Mark Waid's run and thought it was absolutely brilliant, so I think that I will cheat a little bit and skip ahead while I slowly try to catch up.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why this isn't still volume 1.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why this isn't still volume 1.


Because higher issue numbers frighten and confuse new readers.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Grayson wrote:
Because higher issue numbers frighten and confuse new readers.


DAREDEVIL #3
MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
Artist Variant by Jerome Opeña
• The Owl is back!
• But old enemies aren’t nearly as much of a problem for Matt Murdock as his new friend: The Shroud.
• Kirsten and Matt are sharing a very volatile secret -- who’ll be the first to crack?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99


A number THREE?
Image
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Amoebas wrote:A number THREE?
Image


To be fair, the previous volume of Daredevil did reach #36!

Image


:shock:
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Grayson wrote:DAREDEVIL #3
MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
Artist Variant by Jerome Opeña
• The Owl is back!
• But old enemies aren’t nearly as much of a problem for Matt Murdock as his new friend: The Shroud.
• Kirsten and Matt are sharing a very volatile secret -- who’ll be the first to crack?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99


This is why I was confused:

Wikipedia wrote:Publication date

(vol. 1)April 1964 – October 1998
(vol. 2)November 1998 – August 2009
(vol. 3)September 2011 – April 2014

Number of issues

(vol. 1): 381 (#1-380 plus #-1) and 10 Annuals
(vol. 2): 119
(vol. 1 cont.): 13
(vol. 3): 37 (#1-36 plus #10.1) and 1 Annual as of February 2014 cover date


So I was thinking the upcoming volume would be volume 4...
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 pm

HNutz wrote:This is why I was confused:

So I was thinking the upcoming volume would be volume 4...


Wait...now I am confused too. Is it not volume 4? :smt017

Cas

Postby Cas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:52 pm

The upcoming volume is the 4th.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Wow, that was a really exciting first issue although it was very apparent that I missed quite a bit between where I am at in the previous volume and this issue. This probably wouldn't have been such a big deal for new readers as it was for me because established characters here are characters who I have just met in volume 3. That's not to say that this negatively impacted my enjoyment of this issue, it just makes me realize that I need to hurry and catch up faster than I had anticipated.

Did anybody else think that the "wingman" who was in pursuit of Daredevil throughout this issue looked a little Hobgobliny?
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Grayson wrote:Did anybody else think that the "wingman" who was in pursuit of Daredevil throughout this issue looked a little Hobgobliny?


I could see that.

His helmet reminded me a bit of Mysterio, too.
User avatar

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 pm

HNutz wrote:
I could see that.

His helmet reminded me a bit of Mysterio, too.
. A bit like Pennance (Baldwin) to me.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 pm

pat wrote:. A bit like Pennance (Baldwin) to me.


I could see that, too.

Flying device like a Goblin, suit like Penance, mirrored helmet like Mysterio.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Grayson wrote:Wow, that was a really exciting first issue although it was very apparent that I missed quite a bit between where I am at in the previous volume and this issue. This probably wouldn't have been such a big deal for new readers as it was for me because established characters here are characters who I have just met in volume 3. That's not to say that this negatively impacted my enjoyment of this issue, it just makes me realize that I need to hurry and catch up faster than I had anticipated.

Did anybody else think that the "wingman" who was in pursuit of Daredevil throughout this issue looked a little Hobgobliny?


That's what I was about to say when I just checked out the preview. Can of reminds me of Black Wing as well if anyone remembers that character.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Grayson wrote:Wow, that was a really exciting first issue although it was very apparent that I missed quite a bit between where I am at in the previous volume and this issue. This probably wouldn't have been such a big deal for new readers as it was for me because established characters here are characters who I have just met in volume 3. That's not to say that this negatively impacted my enjoyment of this issue, it just makes me realize that I need to hurry and catch up faster than I had anticipated.

Did anybody else think that the "wingman" who was in pursuit of Daredevil throughout this issue looked a little Hobgobliny?


Wouldn't it be ironic if it turns out that he's working for the Hobgoblin as one of the new villains he created by chance? I know Kingsley is currently laying low but it doesn't mean he's still not operating undetected.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests