Advertisement

Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte Erotic Jem Fan Art Community

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8994
Likes: 1145 posts
Liked in: 327 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby Draco x » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 pm

I have mixed feelings like I said in another post, as the fact that one of the main creators on the show was pretty much sidelined as a consultant in her own words, which doesn't give me confidence that this will be a good movie. I am guessing that Chu might try to make Jemm like an American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance film possibly if he wants this to do good. I really hope this won't be Josie & The Pussycats level of suckiness movie-wise as I previously said.

Advertisement

SporkBot
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1147
Likes: 59 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 am
Location: This precise spot right here.
Title: Stupidity Immolator


Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby SporkBot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Draco x wrote:I am guessing that Chu might try to make Jemm like an American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance film possibly if he wants this to do good.


I don't know. There are so many Idol-like shows on right now, that it'd just be more over-saturation. I think a "struggling band" angle makes more sense.

Still, it's a movie about pretty people singing. That alone is going to be a tough sell to some audiences. And I don't know if they go gender-neutral with the title (a la Frozen, Brave, and Tangled) to "trick" the young male crowd to buy tickets.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8994
Likes: 1145 posts
Liked in: 327 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:03 pm

SporkBot wrote:
I don't know. There are so many Idol-like shows on right now, that it'd just be more over-saturation. I think a "struggling band" angle makes more sense.

Still, it's a movie about pretty people singing. That alone is going to be a tough sell to some audiences. And I don't know if they go gender-neutral with the title (a la Frozen, Brave, and Tangled) to "trick" the young male crowd to buy tickets.


Good points. Again this is why will most likely be another Josie & The Pussycats level of epic fail as the fact that the people they have directing it know nothing about the franchise at all-and not using Marx as a consultant may very well bite them in the end. There's also the overall fact that Jemm as a franchise had its moment in the 80's and doesn't have the staying power that GI Joe or Transformers have had over the years.

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14806
Likes: 4078 posts
Liked in: 583 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby HNutz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:42 am

Draco x wrote:
Good points. Again this is why will most likely be another Josie & The Pussycats level of epic fail as the fact that the people they have directing it know nothing about the franchise at all-and not using Marx as a consultant may very well bite them in the end. There's also the overall fact that Jemm as a franchise had its moment in the 80's and doesn't have the staying power that GI Joe or Transformers have had over the years.


Jemm =
Image

Jem =
Image


Any questions?


Oh, and the fact that there's an annual Jem convention (http://www.jemcon.org/) 20+ years after "they had their moment" tells me there may be more staying power than you think.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8994
Likes: 1145 posts
Liked in: 327 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 pm

HNutz wrote:
Jemm =
Image

Jem =
Image


Any questions?


Oh, and the fact that there's an annual Jem convention (http://www.jemcon.org/) 20+ years after "they had their moment" tells me there may be more staying power than you think.


LOL. Nice pictures.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], FaceBook [Linkcheck], StrongStyleFiction and 45 guests

Advertisement