Advertisement

Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte Erotic Jem Fan Art Community

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 327 posts

Re: Jem and the Holograms Live Action Movie to Reinvograte E

Postby Draco x » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 pm

I have mixed feelings like I said in another post, as the fact that one of the main creators on the show was pretty much sidelined as a consultant in her own words, which doesn't give me confidence that this will be a good movie. I am guessing that Chu might try to make Jemm like an American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance film possibly if he wants this to do good. I really hope this won't be Josie & The Pussycats level of suckiness movie-wise as I previously said.

Advertisement

SporkBot
cheese

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Draco x wrote:I am guessing that Chu might try to make Jemm like an American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance film possibly if he wants this to do good.

I don't know. There are so many Idol-like shows on right now, that it'd just be more over-saturation. I think a "struggling band" angle makes more sense.

Still, it's a movie about pretty people singing. That alone is going to be a tough sell to some audiences. And I don't know if they go gender-neutral with the title (a la Frozen, Brave, and Tangled) to "trick" the young male crowd to buy tickets.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:03 pm

SporkBot wrote:
I don't know. There are so many Idol-like shows on right now, that it'd just be more over-saturation. I think a "struggling band" angle makes more sense.

Still, it's a movie about pretty people singing. That alone is going to be a tough sell to some audiences. And I don't know if they go gender-neutral with the title (a la Frozen, Brave, and Tangled) to "trick" the young male crowd to buy tickets.

Good points. Again this is why will most likely be another Josie & The Pussycats level of epic fail as the fact that the people they have directing it know nothing about the franchise at all-and not using Marx as a consultant may very well bite them in the end. There's also the overall fact that Jemm as a franchise had its moment in the 80's and doesn't have the staying power that GI Joe or Transformers have had over the years.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 583 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:42 am

Draco x wrote:
Good points. Again this is why will most likely be another Josie & The Pussycats level of epic fail as the fact that the people they have directing it know nothing about the franchise at all-and not using Marx as a consultant may very well bite them in the end. There's also the overall fact that Jemm as a franchise had its moment in the 80's and doesn't have the staying power that GI Joe or Transformers have had over the years.

Jemm =

Jem =

Any questions?

Oh, and the fact that there's an annual Jem convention (http://www.jemcon.org/) 20+ years after "they had their moment" tells me there may be more staying power than you think.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:06 pm

HNutz wrote:
Jemm =

Jem =

Any questions?

Oh, and the fact that there's an annual Jem convention (http://www.jemcon.org/) 20+ years after "they had their moment" tells me there may be more staying power than you think.

LOL. Nice pictures.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum