Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 992 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Starlock wrote:That's very cool. Do you ask artists to draw based on your descriptions or is it based on a comic image?
Back in my high school days there was this guy that came in where I worked and drew comics. It was amazing to watch.
I got a few sketches/autographs from some artists.

Nine times out of ten I will just give them a name of a comic book character to draw. I try to pick characters they haven't drawn a million times. They're sick of drawing Wolverine and Spider-Man. I usually give them the freedom to decide what they want to do with the character. The more freedom you give them the better it will turn out. I have had them personally thank me for allowing them to have that freedom. Some of them will show you 3-4 sketches and you can pick which one you like the best. On a few occasions I have told the artist exactly what I wanted. Two of the times it was because I knew the work was going to be published.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:30 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Nine times out of ten I will just give them a name of a comic book character to draw. I try to pick characters they haven't drawn a million times. They're sick of drawing Wolverine and Spider-Man. I usually give them the freedom to decide what they want to do with the character. The more freedom you give them the better it will turn out. I have had them personally thank me for allowing them to have that freedom. Some of them will show you 3-4 sketches and you can pick which one you like the best. On a few occasions I have told the artist exactly what I wanted. Two of the times it was because I knew the work was going to be published.

That's cool. I hope to actually get to a con someday and that's really great advice.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:45 pm

alaska1125 wrote:That's cool. I hope to actually get to a con someday and that's really great advice.

I've never been to a con. A lot of comic book artists will work on commissions at home. It's there that they can really take their time on a piece. Of course you will have to have lots of patience. You could be waiting months for it to be complete. I've only met a few comic book artists in person at my local comic shop during free comic book day. I'm thinking about taking a trip out this year to a few shops. There's supposed to be a ton of artists at one of them this year. I'm even thinking about going to my local comic con in September.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:48 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I've never been to a con. A lot of comic book artists will work on commissions at home. It's there that they can really take their time on a piece. Of course you will have to have lots of patience. You could be waiting months for it to be complete. I've only met a few comic book artists in person at my local comic shop during free comic book day. I'm thinking about taking a trip out this year to a few shops. There's supposed to be a ton of artists at one of them this year. I'm even thinking about going to my local comic con in September.

So do they have professional sites? How do you commission the art when they work on it from home?

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm

alaska1125 wrote:So do they have professional sites? How do you commission the art when they work on it from home?

A lot of them work through art representatives. There's professional sites that could have 10-15 guys on it. Some guys you simply email and ask them directly if they're currently taking commission requests. Some artists open up commissions once or twice a year through their own websites. There's a variety of ways that they take commissions. I would post a few links to some big websites if I wasn't at work right now.

EvilOne
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 28 posts
Formerly: Evil

Postby EvilOne » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
I'm pretty sure only Homefront came with an iTunes copy plus the UV

Yeah, 12 Years was a no go. I wish all the studios were like Universal.
"For 8,000 years the men who have hunted it have understood one thing,
on Kodiak Island... sometimes the bear wins."

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:42 pm

EvilOne wrote:Yeah, 12 Years was a no go. I wish all the studios were like Universal.

I like Paramount even better than Universal lately but ya all studios should give you both just in case Ultraviolet fades away one day although that of course would mean the suicides of Hellmutt & myself...........

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Nebraska was 2 hours but felt like 24 hours.

Wolf Of Wall Street is 3 hours but keeps you entertained all the way through

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby hellmutt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
I like Paramount even better than Universal lately but ya all studios should give you both just in case Ultraviolet fades away one day although that of course would mean the suicides of Hellmutt & myself...........

GASP, THE HORROR!

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm

hellmutt wrote:
GASP, THE HORROR!

I know!!!!!!

Best not to even speak of such evil!!!!!!

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 pm

I have a UV code for The Wolf of Wall Street. It might have to be redeemed through Paramount's site.

EvilOne
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 28 posts
Formerly: Evil

Postby EvilOne » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I have a UV code for The Wolf of Wall Street. It might have to be redeemed through Paramount's site.

I'd love to give it a shot. :)
"For 8,000 years the men who have hunted it have understood one thing,
on Kodiak Island... sometimes the bear wins."

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 306 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Nine times out of ten I will just give them a name of a comic book character to draw. I try to pick characters they haven't drawn a million times. They're sick of drawing Wolverine and Spider-Man. I usually give them the freedom to decide what they want to do with the character. The more freedom you give them the better it will turn out. I have had them personally thank me for allowing them to have that freedom. Some of them will show you 3-4 sketches and you can pick which one you like the best. On a few occasions I have told the artist exactly what I wanted. Two of the times it was because I knew the work was going to be published.

Published where?

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Published where?

In a comic book. 8)

I have another UV code for The Wolf of Wall Street. It might have to be redeemed through Paramount's site.

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:35 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:In a comic book. 8)

I have another UV code for The Wolf of Wall Street. It might have to be redeemed through Paramount's site.

Give it to Lord Simian!

image.jpg

He'll appreciate it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VaderTheTrader on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum