Advertisement

David Finch Conducts Anatomical Study to Prepare for Wonder Woman

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

The artist is conducting a detailed study of the female figure to prepare him for his upcoming run.

Source: ThanosCopter Newswire

When news broke earlier this week that David Finch would be taking over as artist for Wonder Woman after Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang finished their acclaimed run on the series, reaction was mixed.  "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" screamed the Internet in one collective voice, perhaps out of concern that the creator is known largely for cheesecake-esque art with weird proportions, bland faces and impossible poses.   Several fans have already alerted the Outhouse to put the infamous "Has DC Done Something Stupid Today" counter on high alert, citing that no good could possibly come from pairing Finch up with DC's most prominent superheroine.

Luckily for fans, Finch has heard the complaints about the art and has been preparing for the project by conducting a human anatomy study, hoping to get a better idea of female proportions prior to drawing Wonder Woman.  "I've been spending at least three nights studying various models," Finch said in a made up interview to the Outhouse.  "Seeing what their proportions are and what sort of poses they could bend themselves in." 

Finch introduced the Outhouse to one of his models, a Wonder Woman Barbie doll with her clothes tastefully wrapped around her ankles.  "For one thing, I was unaware that women didn't have nipples," Finch said, pointing to the doll's nude plastic chest.  "I had always presumed that women had nipples just like men."  

The artist was impressed with his anatomy study and noted that it had greatly improved his artwork.  "People always tell me that the whole 'showing both butt and boobs at the same time' pose is anatomically impossible," Finch said.  "But this anatomy study showed me that it can be done, after all!"  He then turned the Wonder Woman doll's hips around by 180 degrees to illustrate the proper pose.   "See! Butt and boobs are both in full view."  

Finch also noted that he planned to draw Wonder Woman's legs a bit longer, as well as decrease her arm muscles to match the doll's proportions.   "Don't worry, though," said the artist.  "Butt size will remain the same.  DC would never allow me to get away with that." 

Finch is looking forward to drawing Wonder Woman like a Barbie doll and believes the book will be well received by fans.  "Dan Didio once told me that I could draw 20 pages of shit, and it would still sell over 100,000 copies," he said.  "Then I drew Batman: The Dark Knight, so I guess he was right!" 

We expect to see a David Finch Wonder Woman series sometime this summer.  While no writer has been announced, we fully expect DC to announce a joint writing team of Brian Wood and Scott Lobdell.  

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Darci386
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Re: David Finch Conducts Anatomical Study to Prepare for Won

Postby Darci386 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Since you wrote this, you've learned who DC named as new writer for Wonder Woman. For other readers who haven't heard, the writer's last name rhymes with "lynch".

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1197 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: David Finch Conducts Anatomical Study to Prepare for Won

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Darci386 wrote:Since you wrote this, you've learned who DC named as new writer for Wonder Woman. For other readers who haven't heard, the writer's last name rhymes with "lynch".

Winch?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand