Advertisement

Ultimate Spider-Man #200 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 213 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Ultimate Spider-Man #200 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:38 am

So here we are an issue where basically all of this book's supporting cast reminisces of Ultimate Pete, his life, what could have been, and.. respecting him. For any long time reader there's feels to be had.

Even though I haven't really kept up on Miles' run as much it's just amazing how much these characters are so freaking amazing. I think the best moment that got me honestly a bit teary-eyed was Jonah pulling up to the house and then telling his driver to keep going.

The thoughts from the cast on what Peter could be doing if he was alive was interesting though I cringed badly at Bobby's "take" mainly Pete living out his life like the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man. God I hate that show. Though Kitty's "take" was touching cause I enjoyed her relationship with Pete.

As for the big surprise on the last panel.. Scorpion clone? It's got to be right? He's still the only loose end from the Ultimate Clone Saga that hasn't ever been touched on. It would explain why he's keeping his distance.

It can't be the Peter since he's dead. Unless someone brought back the cloning program (I don't see Norman doing such a thing and Ultimate Otto can't with having a slight case of being dead too).

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 282 posts

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #200 *Spoilers*

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Zechs wrote:So here we are an issue where basically all of this book's supporting cast reminisces of Ultimate Pete, his life, what could have been, and.. respecting him. For any long time reader there's feels to be had.

Even though I haven't really kept up on Miles' run as much it's just amazing how much these characters are so freaking amazing. I think the best moment that got me honestly a bit teary-eyed was Jonah pulling up to the house and then telling his driver to keep going.

The thoughts from the cast on what Peter could be doing if he was alive was interesting though I cringed badly at Bobby's "take" mainly Pete living out his life like the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man. God I hate that show. Though Kitty's "take" was touching cause I enjoyed her relationship with Pete.

As for the big surprise on the last panel.. Scorpion clone? It's got to be right? He's still the only loose end from the Ultimate Clone Saga that hasn't ever been touched on. It would explain why he's keeping his distance.

It can't be the Peter since he's dead. Unless someone brought back the cloning program (I don't see Norman doing such a thing and Ultimate Otto can't with having a slight case of being dead too).

If they ever show that someone revived the cloning program, perfected it, and brought back Peter with it... it'll have been Nick Fury.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
If they ever show that someone revived the cloning program, perfected it, and brought back Peter with it... it'll have been Nick Fury.

He's been real quiet in Miles' book since telling Jessica about him hasn't he? Hmm.. you might be on to something primate.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 282 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Zechs wrote:
He's been real quiet in Miles' book since telling Jessica about him hasn't he? Hmm.. you might be on to something primate.

Well, you have to know these things when you're King.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 am

With the Ultimate Universe thankfully sticking around, Brian Michael Bendis takes a breather before jumping right back into Miles Morales’ adventures to celebrate 200 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and remember the much-missed Ultimate Peter Parker. As much as I like Miles, I still miss Peter and get sad when I think about his death, so this was a bitter-sweet emotional issue for how it looked to the past, but also to futures we could have had, but never did.

It’s the 2-year Anniversary of Peter’s death, so Aunt May has invited everyone to a special memorial celebration at her house. Bendis begins with a few short scenes of everyone arriving. Miles and Ganke have taken the bus, and are both feeling kind of awkward about attending this ceremony for someone they didn’t know. Well, Miles is feeling that, Ganke is just nervous about the Lego gift he’s made for Gwen Stacy. Miles thinks this is a bad idea, but it turns out not to be, as Gwen loves the gift and even kisses Ganke. It’s not made clear what he made for her, but it was a nice moment, and great for Ganke to get a win.

MJ decides to go to the party alone, without her new boyfriend, which makes sense, and we also see Spider-Woman having trouble getting Bombshell to agree to come. I think my favourite was Iceman, Firestar and Human Torch flying to the house, where the close proximity of two fire-people caused Iceman’s slide to melt. I will never tire of Bendis’ depiction of idiotic Iceman, it’s so funny.

Once at the party, we get the aforementioned Lego-inspired kiss between Ganke and Gwen, and Tony Stark sends over way too much food to make up for not being there. Kitty Pryde arrives, and we also get a surprise appearance by Kong! We haven’t see Kenny for a long time, and it was never really explained where he and Kitty went together, so it was great to have him back, and to reunite with everyone. He’s been a part of this book since #1 after all. I wonder why Flash Thompson didn’t come to the party? Also not attending is J. Jonah Jameson, who sits outside in his Limo but can’t bring himself to go inside.

The party mainly involves everyone sitting around and talking about what kind of future they imagined for Peter if he hadn’t died. These were great not because they brought back previous USM artists like David LaFuente, Sara Pichelli, Mark Brooks and of course Mark Bagley, but because they all (except for Iceman’s, but then he seems to have just invented the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon) seem like plausible ways Bendis could have gone with the book. It seemed like he was setting up a lot of stuff for Ultimate Peter, like his growing involvement in The Ultimates, before he just up and died. All of these would have been interesting comics, but I do think that what we actually have is for the best.

It was awesome to have all of those artists return (although I was surprised that there was no Immonen pages, he drew some of this book’s best stories), and Dave Marquez once again was excellent on the main story, his facial expressions got across some high emotions wonderfully.

Gwen then says she feels like they should do something good to someone who needs it to honour Peter’s memory, and Miles comes up with just the right thing. They go to the Queen’s homeless mission, and donate all of the leftover food to the people there. These wordless few pages were just great, and actually made me almost well up. I didn’t cry like I did when Peter actually died, or his Funeral issue, but still, to see that he didn’t die for nothing was just great. Miles is a true successor, and just as good a Spider-Man, and not just because of his powers, but because of who he is as a human being.

The issue ends with everyone leaving the party, but there’s a surprising twist, as we see a shadowy figure with a very familiar hairstyle watching on. We are obviously meant to think this is somehow Peter Parker back to life, but I don’t think it is. I imagine it’s one of the remaining Peter Parker clones from the Clone Saga, perhaps The Scorpion or Kaine. Did either of those die? I can’t remember. But yeah, having Miles go up against a clone of Peter will be very interesting indeed.

This was just a wonderful, emotional way to mark 200 issues of this series, I hope we get 200 more!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:51 am

Punchy wrote:With the Ultimate Universe thankfully sticking around, Brian Michael Bendis takes a breather before jumping right back into Miles Morales’ adventures to celebrate 200 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and remember the much-missed Ultimate Peter Parker. As much as I like Miles, I still miss Peter and get sad when I think about his death, so this was a bitter-sweet emotional issue for how it looked to the past, but also to futures we could have had, but never did.

It’s the 2-year Anniversary of Peter’s death, so Aunt May has invited everyone to a special memorial celebration at her house. Bendis begins with a few short scenes of everyone arriving. Miles and Ganke have taken the bus, and are both feeling kind of awkward about attending this ceremony for someone they didn’t know. Well, Miles is feeling that, Ganke is just nervous about the Lego gift he’s made for Gwen Stacy. Miles thinks this is a bad idea, but it turns out not to be, as Gwen loves the gift and even kisses Ganke. It’s not made clear what he made for her, but it was a nice moment, and great for Ganke to get a win.

MJ decides to go to the party alone, without her new boyfriend, which makes sense, and we also see Spider-Woman having trouble getting Bombshell to agree to come. I think my favourite was Iceman, Firestar and Human Torch flying to the house, where the close proximity of two fire-people caused Iceman’s slide to melt. I will never tire of Bendis’ depiction of idiotic Iceman, it’s so funny.

Once at the party, we get the aforementioned Lego-inspired kiss between Ganke and Gwen, and Tony Stark sends over way too much food to make up for not being there. Kitty Pryde arrives, and we also get a surprise appearance by Kong! We haven’t see Kenny for a long time, and it was never really explained where he and Kitty went together, so it was great to have him back, and to reunite with everyone. He’s been a part of this book since #1 after all. I wonder why Flash Thompson didn’t come to the party? Also not attending is J. Jonah Jameson, who sits outside in his Limo but can’t bring himself to go inside.

The party mainly involves everyone sitting around and talking about what kind of future they imagined for Peter if he hadn’t died. These were great not because they brought back previous USM artists like David LaFuente, Sara Pichelli, Mark Brooks and of course Mark Bagley, but because they all (except for Iceman’s, but then he seems to have just invented the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon) seem like plausible ways Bendis could have gone with the book. It seemed like he was setting up a lot of stuff for Ultimate Peter, like his growing involvement in The Ultimates, before he just up and died. All of these would have been interesting comics, but I do think that what we actually have is for the best.

It was awesome to have all of those artists return (although I was surprised that there was no Immonen pages, he drew some of this book’s best stories), and Dave Marquez once again was excellent on the main story, his facial expressions got across some high emotions wonderfully.

Gwen then says she feels like they should do something good to someone who needs it to honour Peter’s memory, and Miles comes up with just the right thing. They go to the Queen’s homeless mission, and donate all of the leftover food to the people there. These wordless few pages were just great, and actually made me almost well up. I didn’t cry like I did when Peter actually died, or his Funeral issue, but still, to see that he didn’t die for nothing was just great. Miles is a true successor, and just as good a Spider-Man, and not just because of his powers, but because of who he is as a human being.

The issue ends with everyone leaving the party, but there’s a surprising twist, as we see a shadowy figure with a very familiar hairstyle watching on. We are obviously meant to think this is somehow Peter Parker back to life, but I don’t think it is. I imagine it’s one of the remaining Peter Parker clones from the Clone Saga, perhaps The Scorpion or Kaine. Did either of those die? I can’t remember. But yeah, having Miles go up against a clone of Peter will be very interesting indeed.

This was just a wonderful, emotional way to mark 200 issues of this series, I hope we get 200 more!

Kaine clone got blasted to heck by Fury's Spider-Slayers. The only clones to have survived was Jessica and Scorpion.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand