Advertisement

Um, you guys are reading Ellis' Moon Knight, right? RIGHT?!?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Um, you guys are reading Ellis' Moon Knight, right? RIGHT?!?

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 pm

I've been a whore for Warren Ellis for about as long as my now-aging brain can remember...15 years now, I guess?

But holy hell...Moon Knight #2 came out today...please pick it up.

Why?

BECAUSE IT WAS THAT DAMN AWESOME, THAT'S WHY!!!

(Best book I've read in years, since the one issue of Batman where he was lost in the Court of Owls' maze and got effed up by a Talon at the end, and it's even more awesome than Fraction's early Hawkeye stuff, which is the gold standard for the last three years or so, IMO)

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts

Re: Um, you guys are reading Ellis' Moon Knight, right? RIGH

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 pm

I grabbed it. Haven't read it yet though. Not really looking forward to it though. The story from issue 1 was pretty decent but that art...ugh. I hate his whole look now. Its like they just didn't finish it. Part of me just wishes Ellis would just go back and do more Fell.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 986 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:16 pm

I just have way too much stuff on my pull list to add Moon Knight to it. I did briefly think about it though.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I grabbed it. Haven't read it yet though. Not really looking forward to it though. The story from issue 1 was pretty decent but that art...ugh. I hate his whole look now. Its like they just didn't finish it. Part of me just wishes Ellis would just go back and do more Fell.

Dude: Then you will be happy as hell with this issue.

In this issue you have:
1. The Moonwing
2. Crescent Darts
3. Truncheon with grappling hook
and, most importantly"

The costume which you like -- Ellis is throwing curveballs when you expect the fastball, my friend.

Drop what you're doing and read this bad boy. Top of the stack.

I'm not joking: If you don't like it, by all means, come on back and say, "You idiot. You made me drop what I was doing for THAT?"

But...I don't think you will. :D :D :D

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I just have way too much stuff on my pull list to add Moon Knight to it. I did briefly think about it though.

Ha! Don't give war a chance -- give Moon Knight a chance!

One issue. #2. Give this one a shot, and I will pester you no further if you don't really like it.

But if you do like it: Come on back to the thread and help others overcome their skepticism.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Dude: Then you will be happy as hell with this issue.

In this issue you have:
1. The Moonwing
2. Crescent Darts
3. Truncheon with grappling hook
and, most importantly"

The costume which you like -- Ellis is throwing curveballs when you expect the fastball, my friend.

Drop what you're doing and read this bad boy. Top of the stack.

I'm not joking: If you don't like it, by all means, come on back and say, "You idiot. You made me drop what I was doing for THAT?"

But...I don't think you will. :D :D :D

Ok I did just that.

Ummm yea its a great story. Its very Warren Ellis done in one with a twist and thats a good thing. But the art is just eh. I think my problem is the white. It just looks unfinished and pulls me out of the story and that's not good. It needs the wrinkles and dirt like Finch put in there. It just looks to unfinished.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 am

avengingtitan wrote:Ok I did just that.

Ummm yea its a great story. Its very Warren Ellis done in one with a twist and thats a good thing. But the art is just eh. I think my problem is the white. It just looks unfinished and pulls me out of the story and that's not good. It needs the wrinkles and dirt like Finch put in there. It just looks to unfinished.

In that context the white is perfect metaphor for Marc Spector's "incompleteness." He's splintered through the four (or five) aspects of Khonshu, and thus is an "unfinished" person.

(Plus, you do realize you're talking to Elijah Snow Fan, don't you? He likes white suits. :-D )

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 129 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 am

I didin't like the 1st issue enough to want to pick up the 2nd. Plus, I've never really cared for the character.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 am

Juan Cena wrote:
In that context the white is perfect metaphor for Marc Spector's "incompleteness." He's splintered through the four (or five) aspects of Khonshu, and thus is an "unfinished" person.

(Plus, you do realize you're talking to Elijah Snow Fan, don't you? He likes white suits. :-D )

Yawn. I'd rather have finished art thanks.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 938 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 am

Not reading it just yet, but plan on checking it out.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:20 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Yawn. I'd rather have finished art thanks.

I'll take Shalvey's art on Moon Knight over the works of any number of "finished" artists I've seen lately. (Simone Bianchi, Howard Porter, Scott Kolins, etc.)

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
I'll take Shalvey's art on Moon Knight over the works of any number of "finished" artists I've seen lately. (Simone Bianchi, Howard Porter, Scott Kolins, etc.)

one of these is not like the other.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Yawn. I'd rather have finished art thanks.

It's not unfinished, it's an innovative colouring technique.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Punchy wrote:
It's not unfinished, it's an innovative colouring technique.

Well call it what you want I hate it.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:14 pm

just read this weeks issue, it was really good. Shelvy's art wouldn't work on most books but, i'm digging it here.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand