Advertisement

It's gonna be Doom behind Original Sin, right?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 670 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: It's gonna be Doom behind Original Sin, right?

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:04 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Original SIN. SIN!!!!

It's so obvious.

Hope they are not being literal.

Advertisement

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm just talking on a message board, not nit-picking because a) I'm totally going to read it, and b) they'll explain it however way they want, but realistically, how many people even know the Watcher's up there AND have the power to kill him?

That's why I said Doom -- just me talking on April 2, I'm truly not even sure who all knows Uatu's even up there, besides the FF, the Inhumans, Thor and some Avengers and Doom, IIRC.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 315 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I'm just talking on a message board, not nit-picking because a) I'm totally going to read it, and b) they'll explain it however way they want, but realistically, how many people even know the Watcher's up there AND have the power to kill him?

That's why I said Doom -- just me talking on April 2, I'm truly not even sure who all knows Uatu's even up there, besides the FF, the Inhumans, Thor and some Avengers and Doom, IIRC.

Thats why I say Mephisto. You know because he's the fucking Devil and all.......well one of them. :twisted:
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Zechs wrote:
Too busy getting ruined in Avengers: Undercover. **Tumblr

I've only read the one issue with, what, 3 panels of Zemo.... so maybe not?

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:I'm just talking on a message board, not nit-picking because a) I'm totally going to read it, and b) they'll explain it however way they want, but realistically, how many people even know the Watcher's up there AND have the power to kill him?

Anyone who reads Superior Foes of Spider-Man knows that supervillains like to gossip.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 165 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 am

the X-Men, Spidey, Rulk...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Supersoldier Washout
Post Whore

Liked in: 251 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 pm

It's Wolverine.

He want's to piss off everyone in the hopes that someone will finally get tired of his shit and kill him.

Cause really, who has more sins than Wolverine?
Easily annoyed by jackassery

guitargod694
Post Whore

Liked in: 94 posts
Title: Total Spaceship Guy

Postby guitargod694 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

chap22 wrote:the X-Men, Spidey, Rulk...

Nova...
-Bill-

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Korvac

As good of a choice as any I've heard so far. Outside of maybe Black Bolt, which would make sense if he did it as part of the Illuminati.

Uatu's death could also be connected to Doctor Strange's recent quest for more power in New Avengers.
Uatu's killer is most probably one of the more cosmic characters. I have doubts that Doom or Magneto have the power to kill a being as powerful as a Watcher.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
As good of a choice as any I've heard so far. Outside of maybe Black Bolt, which would make sense if he did it as part of the Illuminati.

Uatu's death could also be connected to Doctor Strange's recent quest for more power in New Avengers.
Uatu's killer is most probably one of the more cosmic characters. I have doubts that Doom or Magneto have the power to kill a being as powerful as a Watcher.

Doom's beaten Galactus and the Beyonder before. meanwhile, Uatu's been knocked the fuck out by Rulk. pretty sure Doom could kakk him if he really wanted to.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 pm

chap22 wrote:Doom's beaten Galactus and the Beyonder before. meanwhile, Uatu's been knocked the fuck out by Rulk. pretty sure Doom could kakk him if he really wanted to.

Speaking of Doom and "Original Sins"

I wonder if this is where we find out whether Ben Grimm really did f**k with Doom's machine back in college.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

jay042
Steroid User

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby jay042 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Since we had the teaser image saying "Who Returns from Beyond?" I'm halfway expecting it's our favorite jheri curled caucasian cosmic being.
(NSFW) Tales from the NAKED Jungle!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm

jay042 wrote:Since we had the teaser image saying "Who Returns from Beyond?" I'm halfway expecting it's our favorite jheri curled caucasian cosmic being.

Rich Rider IMMO

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 pm

chap22 wrote:Rich Rider IMMO

Gosh, I hope so.

From Annihilation through the end of the Thanos Imperative where he "died," I don't think a character underwent more positive growth in a defined period of time than Richard Rider.

I'm totally serious.

Nova was a character with some ups and downs, like many characters created in the 70s. Some used him better than others.

But to me, he was damn awesome from Annihilation on, and while the Thanos Imperative was very well done, the bottom line is that Star-Lord and Thanos are back, and TBH, Nova was every bit as interesting as those two, and it sure would be nice to have the character back IF Marvel is able to put him in a position where he is used competently.

It's a big damn universe out there. There's a place for Richard Rider in it.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand