Monday, July 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Invincible #110- SPOILERS

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Soooooooooooo, I see this week's moment of the week-

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Mark makes it back to the home dimension, stops by home to make sure everyone is alright. The very pregnant Eve says he has been gone more 6 months and Robot told everyone Invincible was dead. She then proceeds to breakup with Mark on the basis he is unreliable and blah blah blah. Mark takes off and is confronted by Anissa, the Viltrumite. She says that though their kind are supposed to be mating with humans and making half-breeds, she doesn't want to.

She wants to mate with Invincible. He doesn't and then he tries to leave and that's when shit goes down. A small fight and she subdues him and proceeds to rape him. After all said and done she then tells him, "Man up. It will probably take a few times. I'll see you soon." And flys off.

And for context-

Reaction after all that- :shock:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Okay seriously Kirkman, enough is enough. :smt011

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 pm

A rape issue.

Summarises what I always though, that Kirkman's just a more successful Mark Millar.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 pm

I remember when Kirkman was a fun writer, I really do.

I enjoyed the hell out of marvel team up, Ant-man, Wolf-man and a lot of Invincible but nowadays?

I give up.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 pm

doombug wrote:I remember when Kirkman was a fun writer, I really do.

I enjoyed the hell out of marvel team up, Ant-man, Wolf-man and a lot of Invincible but nowadays?

I give up.

The Bass tried to warn us.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 am

Yeah I think I'm done too.

This book used to be fun but now it's shocking just to be shocking. I'll miss Ottley's art.

Supersoldier Washout

penile prisoner

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

I was thinking of startng back up with issue #111.

But after this...
:smt011

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 am

:lol:

Love all of your reactions. :-D

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:08 am

Spoilers now updated with images!

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

Oh my god. :shock:

I'm so done with this book! :smt013

When does the next issue come out?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:16 pm

GOSD wrote::lol:

Love all of your reactions. :-D

It's not an isolated incident though, this book has it's ups and downs but has basically become Walking Dead but with superheroes instead of a spider-man analogue trying new things. :smt102

Kirkman as Fieldy put it is basically a more successful Millar.

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Eep! :shock:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Man I haven't been reading this in a while and now I have to see how it got to this point. Kirkman just pulled a Devin Grayson. Hahaha

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm more upset about the fact that Mark and Eve not only split up but the fact that she told him that she never wants to see him again and that she doesn't think it would be a good idea for him to have any contact with his child. Not really fond of the idea that an ex-superhero who fell in love with the Earth's primary superhero while they were both teen superheroes, is suddenly holding it against said primary superhero because he has to respond to some dangerous shit and I'm saying that as a huge fan of the character of Atom Eve. Something else has to be going on here.

As far as the rape issue is concerned, it's certainly not my first idea of a place to go in the middle of a story-arc but the fact that Kirkman flipped the gender dynamic can lead to some interesting places in the future. For one thing, in the 6-months that Mark has been missing, is his father still the ruler of Viltrumite Empire? How will Nolan and the rest of the Viltrumites respond to their prince(?) being assaulted by another member of their race? Will it even be an issue? Robert Kirkman is an infinitely better writer than Devin Grayson, so I can wait out a few more issues to see where he intends to go with this.

Oh and let's not forget about the fact that Robot has had a 6-month head start on Mark. Where is he and what is he up too?

leave a comment with facebook