Advertisement

DC Comics Previews For April 23

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:34 pm

The Flash #30, Justice League United #0, Batman Eternal #3, Batman/Superman #9, Larfleeze #10, Justice League Dark #30, Aquaman #30, Red Lanterns #30, Teen Titans #30

Source: Comics Continuum, Newsarama

The Flash #30

An all-new creative team makes its debut to show the deadly consequences of The Flash’s speed powers. During the traumatic events of FOREVER EVIL, Central City suffered the worst that the Crime Syndicate could dish out. Now The Flash has returned to make things right, but there are limits to what even the Fastest Man Alive can do !

Written by:  Van Jensen, Robert Venditti
Art & Cover by:  Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund
MAD Variant Cover by:  Anton Emdin
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

Justice League United #0

In the aftermath of FOREVER EVIL, Adam Strange is caught up in an adventure across the far reaches of the cosmos that will unite an unexpected team of heroes including Supergirl, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Stargirl, Martian Manhunter and Animal Man – but if they’re on the team, who exactly is Canadian? Plus: Don’t miss the debut of a new Canadian hero who will have a huge effect on the group! 

This issue is also offered as a Combo-Pack Edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Written by:  Jeff Lemire
Art & Cover by:  Mike McKone
32 pages
$3.99  (US)
Combo-Pack Edition:  $4.99  (US)

A gang war erupts in Gotham City, but the G.C.P.D. doesn’t plan to help Batman stop it.
Plus: The return of a fan-favorite Batman supporting character: Stephanie Brown!

Written by: Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
Consulting Writers:  Ray Fawkes, John Layman, Tim Seeley
Art & Cover by:  Jason Fabok
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

“First Contact” continues from the explosive WORLD’S FINEST #20 as Batman, Superman, Huntress and Power Girl battle a massive new threat to the DC Universe! As Kaizan Gamorra unleashes the means to take down Superman, an unbelievable discovery is made that will have major repercussions in 2014 !

Written by:  Greg Pak
Art & Cover by:  Jae Lee
Robot Chicken Variant Cover by:  RC Stoodios
32 pages
$3.99  (US)
  * Courtesy of Comics Continuum, DC Collectors

It's a dog-eat-dog world when "legendary" Green Lantern G'nort shows up to pick a bone with Larfleeze !
Written by:  Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis
Art by:  Scott Kolins
Cover by:  Tyler Kirkham
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

After the shocking events of “Forever Evil: Blight” the team has a new leader – and the first order of business is dealing with a traitor in their midst !
Written by:  J.M. DeMatteis
Art by:  Andres Guinaldo, Mark Irwin
Cover by:  Mikel Janin
MAD Variant Cover by:  Sam Cisco
32 pages
$3.99  (US)

Centuries ago, Hercules aided Atlantis in a time of great need and suffered great betrayal for his efforts at the hands of the same King of Atlantis he was helping. Now, the neo-God is back – but is he bent on revenge, or has he been consumed by madness? And even if Aquaman can contain Hercules, the Gigantomachy are now free to wreak havoc wherever they go!

Written by:  Jeff Parker
Art by:   Paul Pelletier (pencils);  Sean Parsons, Alvaro Martinez, Raul Fernandez (inks)
Cover by:  Paul Pelletier, Sean Parsons
MAD Variant Cover by:  John Caldwell
32 pages
$2.99  (US)
   *  Courtesy of DC Blog

Guy Gardner’s got a missing comrade, a red-ring-wielding Supergirl, and a deeply pissed-off Atrocitus to deal with! The last thing he needs is another new Red Lantern – especially when this one may be the deadliest Red to ever wear the ring! But whose side will this new Lantern join? And will Rankorr survive his close encounter with Atrocitus and Dex-Starr?

Written by:  Charles Soule
Art by:  Jim Califiore, Alessandro Vitti
Cover by:  Alessandro Vitti
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

FINAL ISSUE !
In the wake of FOREVER EVIL, The Titans return to learn that Harvest has grown more powerful in their absence! And with the body of Jon Lane Kent gone from its chamber, Harvest is marshaling all the resources of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. to get it back! All this and the return of Bunker and Beast Boy!

Written by:  Scott Lobdell
Art by:  Tyler Kirkham
Cover by:  Kenneth Rocafort
MAD Variant Cover by:  Roberto Parada
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1274 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: DC Comics Previews For April 23

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Well, I'm finally pulling the trigger and dropping The Flash. The quality really plunged since issue #24 and Wally West or no, I really can't see myself sticking around to find out if Robert Venditti's writing can overcome Brett Booth's abysmal art. :smt011

That being said, I can't wait to for Justice League United! :smt026
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm

I think the new character for JLU is the only thing that looks interesting in this preview so far. I do hope they use her well.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 447 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 pm

It will be interesting to see if they even acknowledge any of the stuff that's been going on in Supergirl's book so far, such as:

1. She hates earth
2. She doesn't like Superman very much
3. She's a red lantern
4. She REALLY hates earth

... or are they just going to ignore all that and from day 1, pretend that it makes sense for her to join a team that is all about protecting earth and so forth.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Draco x wrote:I think the new character for JLU is the only thing that looks interesting in this preview so far. I do hope they use her well.

The new character, who is only shown on 2 covers that we have already seen, is the only thing that looks interesting to you? :smt017 :?
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am

They've already said that Kara being a Red Lantern is only temporary and the result of that is her new, better attitude. I would assume that Justice League United occurs after the events in Red Lanterns and her own tile.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 447 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:02 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:They've already said that Kara being a Red Lantern is only temporary and the result of that is her new, better attitude. I would assume that Justice League United occurs after the events in Red Lanterns and her own tile.

Right. But the RL storyline is going at least through issue 33... so this is getting WAY out in front of that.

Also, we have heard this song and dance before. She was supposed to come out of H'el in better shape, and it got worse. Then Nelson when he took over made the same noises about getting her to a better place, and he made it worse. So forgive me if I am skeptical that they are EVER going to get this Kara into a good place... especially since I don't consider most of their characters to be in a "good" place right now.

Draco x likes this post.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Added Aquaman #30
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:38 pm

I was actually enjoying Jeff Parker's work on Aquaman up until the last issue. It was just so overwhelmingly underwhelming that issue #29 single-handedly killed my interest in the entire series.
ImageImageImage

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:10 pm

after Forever Evil?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Grayson wrote:I was actually enjoying Jeff Parker's work on Aquaman up until the last issue. It was just so overwhelmingly underwhelming that issue #29 single-handedly killed my interest in the entire series.

The story was okay but I think that the goofy looking creatures probably pulled some readers out of the moment.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:08 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:The story was okay but I think that the goofy looking creatures probably pulled some readers out of the moment.

Everything about that issue was just so overly ridiculous that it made the revelation of Hercules feel less important than it should have been.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 430 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Grayson wrote:
The new character, who is only shown on 2 covers that we have already seen, is the only thing that looks interesting to you? :smt017 :?

I said so far, did I not?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Draco x wrote:I said so far, did I not?

I'm sorry but it's just a concept that really doesn't make any sense to me. You have a comic written by Jeff Lemire featuring two characters that Lemire knows and has written extremely well in Animal Man and Green Arrow getting into all kinds of cosmic adventures with Adam Strange and the Martian Manhunter but the only thing that looks interesting to you is a new character whose powers are dependent upon whether it's shorts or sweater season?! I just...I can't even process it. :smt011 :lol:
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 580 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'm sorry but it's just a concept that really doesn't make any sense to me. You have a comic written by Jeff Lemire featuring two characters that Lemire knows and has written extremely well in Animal Man and Green Arrow getting into all kinds of cosmic adventures with Adam Strange and the Martian Manhunter but the only thing that looks interesting to you is a new character whose powers are dependent upon whether it's shorts or sweater season?! I just...I can't even process it. :smt011 :lol:

Pre-52 Lemire and I did not get a long.

But New 52- Lemire and I - different story. Can't wait for my comic box and JL United!

Grayson likes this post.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews