Friday, April 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Solicits September's "Future End" Comics, Doesn't Name a Single Creative Team

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm

HNutz wrote:See, I'd like to be optimistic about who that might include, but I can't shake the feeling that they're talking about characters who are forgotten in the context of this story and it'll wind up being someone like that purple Teen Titan...

:|

This thread is a roller coaster of emotions! :x

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Do retailers have to order the September solicits now, simultaneous with the July ones, or can they wait until the full details are announced? If its the latter, this it a non-issue.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Not naming the creative teams and expecting fans to be interested?

What are they smoking?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 pm

MikeinLA wrote:Do retailers have to order the September solicits now, simultaneous with the July ones, or can they wait until the full details are announced? If its the latter, this it a non-issue.

Newsarama has updated the Sept solicits with:
"Orders due May 29 • Not offered on FOC"

These solicits were originally posted on DC's site today, I'm guessing, to start building buzz. Neither Newsarama nor CBR stated that these were sent directly to them. In fact it was CBR who said they got it from DC's site. I think sites just started grabbing these advance solicits from DC's site and the solicits made the rounds that way.

Maybe some of the Retail folks who post here can tell us how they obtain the order-forms for each month or how the ordering process works from their end.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

As expected, just like last time, nothing worth getting. :smt102

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 pm

I wouldn't want to be credited on a current DC Comic either. So I can sympathize with the writers, artists, inkers, and colorists. Though I'd gone for by: Alan Smithee approach.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm

prozacman wrote:I wonder how long it will take for this batch of 3D covers to melt in Zech's car?

Only if donated to me for not wanting to waste my money in buying expensive toilet paper that is a DC event comic.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Zechs wrote:I wouldn't want to be credited on a current DC Comic either. So I can sympathize with the writers, artists, inkers, and colorists. Though I'd gone for by: Alan Smithee approach.

And now we know who DC's new head writer is.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:32 am

The Old Doctor wrote:Not naming the creative teams and expecting fans to be interested?

What are they smoking?

People on this very website have argued that the characters are more important than the creators. There are people who will read every issue with character ______ no matter what. DC are just exploiting that.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:29 am

Makes me wonder if Lobdell and Booth or someone like them is doing this.

Or worse, Levitz and Didio collaborating.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

sdsichero wrote:And now we know who DC's new head writer is.

Better than having it be Chuck Austen or Rob Liefeld. :-D :-D

Jude Terrorr

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Jude Terrorr » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

James Green wrote:

Check your facts... this has been established for months.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/01/08/cbr-talks-the-new-52-futures-end-with-brian-azzarello-keith-giffen-dan-jurgens-and

What has?

Jude Terrorr

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Jude Terrorr » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 am

James Green wrote:

Check your facts... this has been established for months.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/01/08/cbr-talks-the-new-52-futures-end-with-brian-azzarello-keith-giffen-dan-jurgens-and

James Green These are the creative teams for all the tie-in books, not the Future's End series.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 am

This is getting confusing. :lol:
Brian Azzarello, Keith Giffen, Dan Jurgens and Jeff Lemire are the writers for the main "Futures End" series.

This thread however is about the creative teams not being listed for the September tie-in titles.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:Not naming the creative teams and expecting fans to be interested?

What are they smoking?

I would love to see what explanation Didio and co are going to come up with as I am sure it will be laughable.

leave a comment with facebook