Advertisement

Well, When You Put It That Way: This Week’s Hugo Controversy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: Glitter Bitch
Formerly: Hal Shumaker

Re: Well, When You Put It That Way: This Week’s Hugo Controv

Postby Scintillant-H » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 am

uos spo6 wrote:Im confused. Does Vox Day fall on April 22nd every year?

Is attempting to intellectualize bigotry a requisite of celebration or can I just buy some flowers and eat a cake or something?

No, you have to rape someone. Specifically, a woman, I think. I'm not sure on that last part...

Advertisement

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Postby Scintillant-H » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:02 am

Chessack wrote:I worked in a library for years. One summer, I decided to read some sci-fi I might not otherwise have attempted. I decided to pick from the list of Hugo Award winners.

O... M... G.

The three I tried were the worst, most poorly written pieces of garbage I have EVER read in the genre. And that is saying something, because even before that I had read some steaming piles. But OMG.

At that point I decided the Hugo Awards were BS, and never tried one thereafter.

If you can recall clearly enough, how did these books compare to the Nu52? Worse? Better? Same?

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 306 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Scintillant-H wrote:If you can recall clearly enough, how did these books compare to the Nu52? Worse? Better? Same?

LOL.

I honestly don't remember. About the same I would guess. As in all hype and no quality.

Scintillant-H likes this post.

Scintillant-H
Post Whore

Postby Scintillant-H » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:52 am

Chessack wrote:
LOL.

I honestly don't remember. About the same I would guess. As in all hype and no quality.

Just to be a good boyscout, you should say "nothing is worse than the outhouse"----whoops----I mean---"nothing is worse than the Nu52."

I'm going to be banned now, aren't I...? :oops:

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand