Friday, July 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

50 Years Without Fear.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:02 pm

I bought Daredevil #2 this week and noticed the box at the bottom that says 50 Years Without Fear:

I dug out my copy of the fist issue of this volume and it's on that cover as well.

Until I noticed it, I wasn't aware that this year marked the 50th anniversary of Daredevil's creation. In honour of this I decided to create this thread.

So, what is your favourite Daredevil story? Who do you think was the best writer, or artist, on a daredevil series? Basically give your overall thoughts and memories about the character.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Best Writer: Frank Miller (Karl Kesel 2nd)
Best Artist: David Mazzucchelli (Gene Colan 2nd)
Best Story: Born Again (DD #7 (vs Subby - my first DD story in a X-Mas Treasury Edition))

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:06 pm

I've been buying all of the Daredevil Marvel Masterworks. In May I'm hoping to have the complete collection, and I'll start reading them from the beginning. I never read a single Daredevil comic book until Kevin Smith started writing the book. I've been reading it ever since. I've also tracked down all of the back issues starting with when Frank Miller took over the book. From what I've read I would have to say Frank Miller has been the best writer. I've liked what John Romita Jr, Gene Colan, Alex Maleev and Chris Samnee have done on the art.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Favorite writers:
Miller
Waid
Nocenti
Kesel
Bru

Favorite artists:
Mazzuchelli
Weeks