Advertisement

C2E2: The Liefeld Nostalgia Era Has Arrived as Deadpool Faces Off with X-Force in Series Set in 90s

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

C2E2: The Liefeld Nostalgia Era Has Arrived as Deadpool Faces Off with X-Force in Series Set in 90s

Postby LOLtron » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:51 pm

The pouch budget for this comic alone will set Marvel back millions.

Source: CBR

Superstar artist and outrageous personality Rob Liefeld is finally getting the recognition he deserves as Marvel just announced a new Deadpool vs. X-Force series that's set before Deadpool first appeared in New Mutants #98, which is of course right before Liefeld rebooted the book as X-Force and broke sales records with those polybagged #1 issues with the holographic trading cards. You know the ones. Don't remember? Check the quarter bin at your shop.

In any case, this was the time that Liefeld's popularity was exploding, and anyone reading comics at that time who claims not to have found his art fresh and exciting back then is lying. Hey, don't be embarrassed. We all collectively had an unnatural obsession with parachute pants and mullets around that same time period.

The series will be written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Pepe Larraz and a cover by Shane Davis. There's no release date set yet, but look for it later this year. In the meantime, try to look at these images from the book of the X-Force gang in their 90s costumes and not suffer pangs of sweet, guilty nostalgia.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 245 posts

Re: C2E2: The Liefeld Nostalgia Era Has Arrived as Deadpool

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm pretty sure I hate everything about this idea. But...I love the writer.

dammit.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 431 posts

Re: C2E2: The Liefeld Nostalgia Era Has Arrived as Deadpool

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:08 pm

Yeah, I was a fan of X-Force in the 90s despite the fact that the art wasn't that good at times.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand