Advertisement

C2E2: Original Sin Will Reveal Angela is Thor and Loki's Sister

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 934 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: C2E2: Original Sin Will Reveal Angela is Thor and Loki's

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 pm

:smt104
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Eh, her wardrobe and sword at least add up to it. Plus mythical patriarchs in pantheons have a habit of banging everything with a pulse so it's not that far fetched an editorial mandate.

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 507 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah this is the only Original Sin idea that I have heard about that I like so far, all the rest of them sound like complete garbage.

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 238 posts

Postby TimH » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:I read this yesterday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014 ... s/8188065/

Ha, I had a laugh when investigating whether I should buy into Hickman's "God is Dead" (before I realized Hickman was the writer (pontificator? convolutor?)).

Issue 7's cover features the Japanese wind god and I thought awesome! (until I realized who the writer was).

Anyway, during quick google looking for sample pages, I spotted "God is Dead" 's take on the Norse Gods. That's when I realized the writer definitely was Hickman, a Marvel enthusiast.

"Blonde Thor" is a marvel invention... before Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Thor was inseparable from his red, stormy beard that bristled with electric current. And all the sources describe him that way... all the popular references, everything--Until Smilin' Stan Lee and Kirby changed history.

Better luck next time, Hickman. God, I hate what you did both to FF and New Avengers or Avengers or whatever title you wrote that centered around the Illuminati pontificating for 20 pages each issue.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 am

What is Angela's waist size? 16"?

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Chesscub wrote:What is Angela's waist size? 16"?

What is DDD divided by 4? I think that is Marvel's algorithm.

S.F. Jude Terror likes this post.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 pm

TimH wrote:

Better luck next time, Hickman. God, I hate what you did both to FF and New Avengers or Avengers or whatever title you wrote that centered around the Illuminati pontificating for 20 pages each issue.

You hate Hickman for making Avengers and New Avengers enjoyable to read?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Agent of the Bat wrote:Yeah this is the only Original Sin idea that I have heard about that I like so far, all the rest of them sound like complete garbage.

Well there's Cap learning that Iron Man and the Illuminati mind-wiped him, but that was probably going to be revealed soon anyway.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 152 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Well there's Cap learning that Iron Man and the Illuminati mind-wiped him, but that was probably going to be revealed soon anyway.

Most of the stories in titles that tie-in were already being planned and worked on before they were told about the event and to tie their books to it. Mighty Avengers has been good, but its been nothing but an editorial mandate driven book.

TimH
cheese

Postby TimH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Well there's Cap learning that Iron Man and the Illuminati mind-wiped him, but that was probably going to be revealed soon anyway.

Liker's gonna like.... :smt011

But, seriously, Jonathon Hickman's "hard sci-fi" (in which he "explains" the "science") wear thin on me because I don't find his explanations very convincing.

He also struck me as thick-and-heavy toward the end of his first "FF" run. It's like reading a dissertation on quantum mechanics written by an English major whose sole reference point is an article he read in Popular Mechanics last night.

"You'd do better just to call it magic and not try to explain quantum mechanics using highschool algebra."

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand