Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

nat3

Mad Hatter

Postby nat3 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:13 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:So in my absence I see Nat3 has returned!

Where the hell have you been?



GiveWarAChance wrote:He was here yesterday and everyone ignored him. We are the welcoming kind. :smt006

He decided to come back after his alias had a falling out with me.

For a while it was because school was taking up my time, but lately I've been having more free time. That and I'm terribly socially awkward, even on (especially on) the Internet. :/
User avatar

nat3

Mad Hatter

Postby nat3 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:21 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:
This iPad originally cost $599
However I got it for $200 from the Apple Store when it came out as a result of a pissed off email I wrote about a poor Apple Experience within one of the Apple stores.

:O That's... I can't... WOW! $200?!
User avatar

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue May 13, 2014 8:48 am

nat3 wrote::O That's... I can't... WOW! $200?!


Apple is pretty sensitive if you write an email about the decline of "The Apple Experience" & link it to the death of Steve Jobs plus mention at that time the company wide pay raise all of the Apple store personnel had just gotten & you mention you're a stockholder & your experience is prompting you to reluctantly want to sell your shares due to what you're seeing.
User avatar

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue May 13, 2014 9:11 am

Question of the day:

image.jpg
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue May 13, 2014 9:17 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Arion was wrong about Chillerama. The best segment has to go to The Diary of Anne Frankenstein. Joel David Moore plays the best Hitler ever. All the other actors speak real German while he speaks complete gibberish. Who knew Boba Fett and Goldie Hawn could replace other German words? He speaks a few real lines of German like "I'm the worst actor ever", but they don't match the subtitles. The movie was hilarious all around.



Me wrong? Nevah !
That segment was good, but I don't speak German...
User avatar

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Tue May 13, 2014 9:17 am

I see both!
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue May 13, 2014 9:22 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Apple is pretty sensitive if you write an email about the decline of "The Apple Experience" & link it to the death of Steve Jobs plus mention at that time the company wide pay raise all of the Apple store personnel had just gotten & you mention you're a stockholder & your experience is prompting you to reluctantly want to sell your shares due to what you're seeing.


Maybe I'll do that before I get an iPad...
User avatar

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue May 13, 2014 9:25 am

Arion wrote:
Maybe I'll do that before I get an iPad...


It worked for me!!!

I never like complaining but when I do
I do it well
Especially on a corporate level
:smt026
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 am

Arion wrote:
Me wrong? Nevah !
That segment was good, but I don't speak German...

I don't speak German either but it doesn't change the fact that it's the best segment. :smt011
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 am

nat3 wrote::O That's... I can't... WOW! $200?!

For $200 he gets what will essentially be a paperweight in a few years, Apple got him to spend at least another $500 for his wives iPad and will get them both as return customers. It does sound like a great deal........ for Apple. :P
User avatar

LivingDeadGrl

cheese

Postby LivingDeadGrl » Tue May 13, 2014 11:05 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I have three questions. Should I have bought Orange is the New Black Season 1 this week? What is Vampire Academy? Is it a movie for teenage girls? That is all.

Vampire academy is based on a tween book. Haven't seen it and not sure I want to. Its so far off base.

Edit: if the movie is like the book any.... then it has a love story to it.
User avatar

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue May 13, 2014 11:45 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:For $200 he gets what will essentially be a paperweight in a few years, Apple got him to spend at least another $500 for his wives iPad and will get them both as return customers. It does sound like a great deal........ for Apple. :P


Correction!
$600 on the wife's ipad :(

However supposedly the upcoming iPads will have USB ports & all the stuff to keep it competitive
Since Steve jobs died many things are changing
The stock now pays a dividend (Steve jobs said screw that)
The stock is getting a 7 way split (Steve Jobs would have punched someone for suggesting that)
The cool factor is gone so customer service & wants now have to be addressed
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue May 13, 2014 12:16 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Correction!
$600 on the wife's ipad :(

However supposedly the upcoming iPads will have USB ports & all the stuff to keep it competitive
Since Steve jobs died many things are changing
The stock now pays a dividend (Steve jobs said screw that)
The stock is getting a 7 way split (Steve Jobs would have punched someone for suggesting that)
The cool factor is gone so customer service & wants now have to be addressed

USB ports? Apple take my $600 now! Lines start forming around the block.
User avatar

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue May 13, 2014 12:26 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:USB ports? Apple take my $600 now! Lines start forming around the block.


Current lines aren't too long nowadays
User avatar

Starlock

cheese

Postby Starlock » Tue May 13, 2014 12:59 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Current lines aren't too long nowadays


Meh, I would not consider waiting in a line to buy a phone or ipad. Just wait a couple weeks.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 44 guests