Saturday, December 10, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What if most, or all, of the Illuminati were killed?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu May 22, 2014 7:13 pm

For those of us reading Avengers/New Avengers, bear with me on this.

We know that something big is coming in the fall with Avengers, with an 8-month jump and all. And I freely admit I'm TERRIBLE at guessing the ending to things, so there might be this totally logical ending that Hickman's planted in these runs and I totally read over it.

But my question is this: What if it's the opposite, and Hickman's been telling us, damn near every single month, what's going to happen:

"Everything dies."

Again, just me talking about stuff, hoping that others who are reading this stuff might have seen something I haven't and shares it. But think about it for a second: There hasn't been a single version of the Illuminati that has survived, long-term, against these incursions.

We've seen Illuminatis with Hank Pym, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Emma Frost, Charles Xavier...they've all been slaughtered.

What if Hickman's telling us, all along, that this is the deal? There is no out, not for the Illuminati. Maybe they find some way to stop the incursions, stop the Mapmakers and Black Priests and Ivory King, but my question is this:

What would the Marvel Universe look like with Tony Stark, Reed Richards, T'Challa, Hank McCoy, Namor and Black Bolt...some, most or all dead?

That would be impactful, and maybe that would be the impetus of a new status quo in the Marvel Universe that wouldn't mean a full reboot, but instead, a total shifting of how the superheroes work.

What if the 616's most brilliant minds...were all dead? Wouldn't that be interesting?

Again, just spitballing stuff, because something big is coming. Something. And it's probably going to be bloody.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Is it too late for Wolverine and Storm to be added to the Illuminati? This thread really makes me wish that they were members. :twisted:

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 pm

The world as we know it would come crumbling down around us creating a anarchisi....oh, wait

you meant those Illuminati

carry on

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 pm

You'd get the IllumiNewti...

Pym
Cho
Lang
Zeke Stane
Maximus
Kitty Pryde

I'd read the shit out of that book. Hell, I'd write the shit out of that book.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

chap22 wrote:You'd get the IllumiNewti...

Pym
Cho
Lang
Zeke Stane
Maximus
Kitty Pryde
Scott Summers

Yup. 8)

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Grayson wrote:
Yup. 8)

No.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 pm

chap22 wrote:No.

:shock:

If anybody has earned a place on the Illuminati, it's Scott. There wouldn't even be a mutant race right now if it wasn't for him.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 pm

I kind of want them to die and be replaced by the Cluminati all yelling DJ CLUE on tracks.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Grayson wrote:

If anybody has earned a place on the Illuminati, it's Scott. There wouldn't even be a mutant race right now if it wasn't for him.

No.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 pm

That would be a really interesting six months before they were all brought back.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu May 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Grayson wrote:

I like the cut of your jib, my friend.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu May 22, 2014 10:21 pm

If the Illuminutty were to die, I'd be sad for the loss of Richards and McCoy.

The rest can rot in oblivion (even more especially if Cat's dream of Wolverine joining them were to happen).

I'm so glad Hank Pym was never invited - he's untainted with the stupidity this 'group' has done.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri May 23, 2014 1:31 am

It would be awesome. A lot of the people like Black Bolt, Beast and Reed dying could open up fantastic potential for stories.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 am

Like Master J wrote:It would be awesome. A lot of the people like Black Bolt, Beast and Reed dying could open up fantastic potential for stories.

yeah, God knows when Reed "died" before, the DeFalco/Slut Sue-era produced some fantastic stuff.

STFU, Twigglet.

Johnny Smith

penile prisoner

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri May 23, 2014 9:42 am

chap22 wrote:You'd get the IllumiNewti...

Pym
Cho
Lang
Zeke Stane
Maximus
Kitty Pryde

Where's Dr. Nemesis? He'd want to be on that team ...

leave a comment with facebook