Friday, June 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Batwoman #32 - "Deadly Is The Night"

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Batwoman #32
At last, Nocturna makes her presence in The New 52 known! And Batwoman must face her past when her former girlfriend from West Point comes to town !

I'm not really familiar with pre-reboot Nocturna. From what I've read online she was a human villain. This time around she appears to be an actual vampire, or someone capable of manifesting vampiric powers. Clearly this leads into Batwoman's "Futures End" one-shot for September.

Also not familiar with the last page villain Killshot but looks like he's quite different than his pre-reboot version also.

I really like Haun's art on this title. It's clean and nicely done but he still manages to keep some of the feel of JH Williams. :smt023

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:56 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
I'm not really familiar with pre-reboot Nocturna. From what I've read online she was a human villain. This time around she appears to be an actual vampire, or someone capable of manifesting vampiric powers. Clearly this leads into Batwoman's "Futures End" one-shot for September.

Also not familiar with the last page villain Killshot but looks like he's quite different than his pre-reboot version also.

I really like Haun's art on this title. It's clean and nicely done but he still manages to keep some of the feel of JH Williams. :smt023

Bruce Timm & Paul Dini wanted to introduce a vampire Nocturna in Batman: TAS, but the WB vetoed the idea.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah I was reading about that. Apparently FOX wasn't cool on Batman becoming a vampire and both him and Nocturna involved in blood-sucking :P

A Dangerous Vice

Mad Hatter

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:56 pm

I enjoyed this issue, but I felt like the ending kind of popped up out of nowhere.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:29 pm

A Dangerous Vice wrote:I enjoyed this issue, but I felt like the ending kind of popped up out of nowhere.

It's hard to do the dramatic last page reveal ... with a character making his first appearance. Pretty underwhelming!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm

A Dangerous Vice wrote:I enjoyed this issue, but I felt like the ending kind of popped up out of nowhere.

He was the person that Alex texted on page 6.

Johnny Smith wrote:It's hard to do the dramatic last page reveal ... with a character making his first appearance. Pretty underwhelming!

I had to search him for his pre-reboot history. Might have more of an impact for older Teen Titans fans. I am curious as to what's up with his weird chest-piece. :?

leave a comment with facebook