Advertisement

Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 551 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Maybe some folks don't care for this title because it's not the old shiny/happy JSA but you have to admit that shit-loads of twists, turns and great moments happen nearly every issue ! This one did not disappoint:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
"Atlantis Rises!"
"Boom"
Did Jay Garrick just tap the Speed Force ? !
Dinner at the Kent farm. WTF, Clark ? :shock:
"Boom" (again)
"They're taking the Earth!"
"Worlds End"
"Crumbles"
Val-Zod: "I need to fix what he has broken."

I'm not sure what is going to ultimately happen to this Earth but I love the ride it's taking us on ! :smt023
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

3 people like this post.

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 356 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Re: Earth Mother-Fucking 2 #25

Postby GOSD » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Maybe some folks don't care for this title because it's not the old shiny/happy JSA but you have to admit that shit-loads of twists, turns and great moments happen nearly every issue ! This one did not disappoint:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
"Atlantis Rises!"
"Boom"
Did Jay Garrick just tap the Speed Force ? !
Dinner at the Kent farm. WTF, Clark ? :shock:
"Boom" (again)
"Worlds End"
"Crumbles"
Val-Zod: "I need to fix what he has broken."

I'm not sure what is going to ultimately happen to this Earth but I love the ride it's taking us on ! :smt023

Word, bro.

Great issue! Hope Val kicks Kal's ass. :D

Can't wait for the next issue. This book is ALWAYS at the top of my stack every month. Hope it doesn't get canceled.

This one of those things that DC does right!
Last edited by GOSD on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1457 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm

I absolutely love this book for what it is which is a completely unapologetic, alternative view of these characters. Holy crap I could not believe what went down in Smallville in this issue. It goes so far against who Superman is and what he represents, that even we know that this Superman is evil, it was still a completely unsettling moment but there is still hope in the form of Val-Zod who was raised by Jor-El and Lara!

Also, I really hope that taking the Beguiler into what is presumably the Speed Force won't come back to bite Jay or the rest of the heroes of Earth 2 in the ass.
ImageImageImage

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 404 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Its the best non digital book DC puts out. That said its still not good. It only looks awesome when compared to the rest of the Nu52.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

holtom2000 likes this post.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1003 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm

BOOM!Superman unleashes the Omega Effect on Pa Kent!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:27 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Its the best non digital book DC puts out. That said its still not good. It only looks awesome when compared to the rest of the Nu52.

That doesn't make any sense. If Earth 2 were a shitty book then it would be a shitty book. It's not a shitty book though and the quality of the series can easily stand with some of the best titles that are currently being published.
ImageImageImage

3 people like this post.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:28 pm

HNutz wrote:BOOM!Superman unleashes the Omega Effect on Pa Kent!

:cry:
ImageImageImage

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:59 pm

tap better than fap :)

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 404 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Grayson wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. If Earth 2 were a shitty book then it would be a shitty book. It's not a shitty book though and the quality of the series can easily stand with some of the best titles that are currently being published.

Did I say its a shitty book? Its not. Its not good though either. Its great by Nu52 standards, but when you compare it to most Marvel or the old JSA books its just middle of the pack. Now Deathstroke was a shitty book.....oh and its coming back. :smt011
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

holtom2000 likes this post.

A Dangerous Vice
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

This issue was just phenomenal. I have not read my entire list yet, but I would be hard-pressed to find something more deserving of Comic of the Week! Plus, so many potential moments for Moment of the Week. The obvious suggestion will be the Smallville-scene, but just sheer willpower on display from Green Lantern in this book notches my nomination.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:29 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Did I say its a shitty book? Its not. Its not good though either. Its great by Nu52 standards, but when you compare it to most Marvel or the old JSA books its just middle of the pack. Now Deathstroke was a shitty book.....oh and its coming back. :smt011

Sorry, didn't intentionally mean to put words in your mouth. I just can't wrap my head around not thinking that it's a good book. If you don't think it's a good book, why are you reading it? Are you reading it?

Right now I only read 2 DC books, this and Green Arrow, 12+ Marvel books, and a shit ton of Indy books and I can safely say that I think that Earth 2 rates up there among the best of those books right now. Of course, that's just my opinion. Yeah, it's not old school JSA or the previous DCU but unlike the rest of the New 52 it's not trying to replace those books either.
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 712 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Yeah this is pretty much the only book besides Wonder Woman of the non digital books, that i'm reading of DC, and i'm loving it...

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 pm

This book has been good, but from everything I've seen from solicits, it's about to get tied up in some Future's End trash and/or some kind of crossover with the "regular" DCnU. And no fucking thank you to that.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Grayson wrote:
Sorry, didn't intentionally mean to put words in your mouth. I just can't wrap my head around not thinking that it's a good book. If you don't think it's a good book, why are you reading it? Are you reading it?

Right now I only read 2 DC books, this and Green Arrow, 12+ Marvel books, and a shit ton of Indy books and I can safely say that I think that Earth 2 rates up there among the best of those books right now. Of course, that's just my opinion. Yeah, it's not old school JSA or the previous DCU but unlike the rest of the New 52 it's not trying to replace those books either.

maybe the standard is just lower? it does look from the outside like a quality book, though nothing from DC is super awesome these days. I'd say this is a great elseworlds book .. but someone pointed out I say that too much.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 551 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:43 pm

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand