Advertisement

Review Group Week 160 - SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Name the James Robinson/Greg Rucka writing team

Ruckbinson
45%
Rocka
27%
Other
27%

Total votes : 11

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:11 am

Ruckbinson!

Advertisement

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:18 am

I'll post my review of Superman tonight when I get home.

On a side note, anyone hear from Ryan? I know his pc blew up and all but has he come back yet? Anyone know if he'll convert to here as well? His reviews were the one bright spot on the Rama after all the shit hit the fan.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Chubbles wrote:I'll post my review of Superman tonight when I get home.

On a side note, anyone hear from Ryan? I know his pc blew up and all but has he come back yet? Anyone know if he'll convert to here as well? His reviews were the one bright spot on the Rama after all the shit hit the fan.

He's got his PC situation worked out, but he's taking a break from reviews for a bit. He knows we've moved and he said he'd come back to the group eventually.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Well well well, looks like Ruckbinson is winning.

:lol:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Punchy wrote:Well well well, looks like Ruckbinson is winning.

:lol:

cause 4 to one is such a commanding lead. :P
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:cause 4 to one is such a commanding lead. :P

Amlah is the only one to vote for Rocka, so I'm pretty confident I am right.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:41 pm

Punchy wrote:Amlah is the only one to vote for Rocka, so I'm pretty confident I am right.

or there is an abnormally number of you guys wrong.
Robinson & Rucka is the only right answer, although after this book. Suckason would be acceptable.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 116 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Ruckbinson is funnier. :lol:

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Clearly the poll function here is broken. Someone let Jude know so that he can get it fixed. :x

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey Amlah, where's the front page column dealie?

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Superman Review

Ok so now I remember why I dropped all Superman books. I followed the New Krypton arc from the beginning all the way thru the part where the Kryptonians up and left with no explanation. I vowed to not let any Superman stories suck me in only to be let down by the ending. This issue is another perfect example of why I dropped the titles. Since when does Superman give up on Earth? Why is he abandoning earth? Last issue I read he was fighting his aunt to bring some bad guys to justice for committing a crime and now all of a sudden he shows up and his aunt welcomes him home and says basically "now lets get you a job". Out of nowhere it seems he's abandoned his home and his friends to come out and hang with these people who outright broke Earths laws and are under the military command of damn ZOD of all people?!?! Totally unbelievable. Art wasn't anything spectacular either. Story was even worse. I really dislike this whole New Krypton thing now and am glad I am no longer being sucked in. Also, why the hell are they still using the triangle numbering? I thought this was like a 12 or 13 issue thing, but now we're up 16????

Story 3
Art 4.5
Overal 3.75

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Punchy wrote:Hey Amlah, where's the front page column dealie?

Gotta give everyone time to post their reviews. I've got it ready to go, but I'm going to give it a few more hours before I submit it.

Update (10:30pm CST): I've submitted this week's article. Should be up sometime tomorrow.

I have of course edited everyone's reviews and replaced any mention of James Robinson and Greg Rucka with Rocka. :twisted: (not really)

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 am

Okay, I'll concede my wrongness on the Rocka thing if Sire's going to side with me. :x :P

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 am

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 116 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:55 pm

amlah6 wrote:Okay, I'll concede my wrongness on the Rocka thing if Sire's going to side with me. :x :P

Bwahahaha! :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand