Friday, November 16, 2018 • Morning Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

AFTER THE SHOW BATCHAT: GOTHAM (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 pm

After the upcoming DC tv seris of Gotham, Flash, Supergirl, and Titans and another live action one on the CW.....oh well must not be that good enough to mention.

Figure it would be cool to all talk about it once each episode is over.

Why am I doing this so early when the episode is not eve over you ask?

BECAUSE I WANT TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO DO THIS AND WANT THIS IDEA TO CARRY FOWARD! Also had to DVR it since my guest I have over wanted to play video games with me, she is such a nerd that I can't even see Gotham.

So once each episode is over free feel to give your thoughts, opinion or hell give an actual review.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Cool, idea. It's like Talking Bat, Outhouse style.

It was alright. Not happy with Crispus, at all. Also, not happy about Bullock being dirty from the get go, although that may be the way it was - at this point, I can't remember.

Where did they get the clones of Russel Crowe to play Jim and Keri Russel to play Barbara?

I can give it a couple of episodes to see how it goes.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Not bad.

Definitely watching some more.

I liked how Gordon dealt with Penguin and how it'll have some long lasting repercussions.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:10 pm

I thought it was a strong first episode. They played a bit with some of the character's interactions and histories but I think that will make this a more cohesive storyline.

Jim Gordon is a lucky man. Barbara Kean is a hottie ! Hell, so is he :twisted:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 pm

I did not like the over use of characters like Renee Montoya, Crispus Allen and Edward Nigma all thrown in as well. So now we get them working under Jim Gordon in ten or so years when Bruce is Batman? Sucks.

Fish is a boring character and one that is bound to be knocked off. Good riddance.

Catwoman barely spoke! WTH? Give the girl some lines to speak. She's the only interesting character.

Alfred aka The 3rd Doctor's son is a pain in the ass.

Honestly, this felt like Birds of Prey all over again. I doubt it should last otherwise it really will degenerate into Bruce running around in a makeshift hero suit until the Smallville-like ending with him becoming Batman. Saw it once and did not like it.

I'll watch it to see if it gets better, but I have doubts about it.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Cat-Scratch. The hardest man on the planet to please :lol:

FYI - next week's episode is titled "Selina Kyle" so I'm guessing she'll get more screen-time and plenty of lines. :P

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:26 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Cat-Scratch. The hardest man on the planet to please :lol:

FYI - next week's episode is titled "Selina Kyle" so I'm guessing she get more screen-time and plenty of lines. :P

:-D You damn right. :wink:

I look forward to next week to see how they're going to develop her character here. Now all I need to do is stop calling her Nyssa of Tralkon and things could go well.

Also, I want BATMAN damnit! A Batman show without Batman is like a burger without the burger... just the bun and toppings... which is a BLT... which is only good on toast, not a burger bun.

I'm also a cranky old comics fan. :P

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Not bad...I guess.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Mmm... Bacon.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Ok so I was pretty into the first episode of Gotham. Bruce, Gordon, and Bullock were portrayed very well. The show has an interesting hook, using parts from various Batman mythos and creating their own, and I like that. Seemed to me like they pulled a little from Year One, Long Halloween, and even a bit from The Killing Joke in this episode. There were some familiar DC characters that already showed up and a couple name drops that I caught, some I probably missed but I don't wanna say anything specific until more folks have had a chance to watch then we'll get into some indepth discussions I'm sure. All said and done I am in for the long haul and I think it has the potential to be a very entertaining series.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:49 pm

I liked it. Gordon is stiff but then he should be. He is missing his cigar though and that is a part of the character IMHO. I don't like a dirty Bullock, he should be right on the edge but not out and out dirty.
Riddler as a CSI is kind of inspired. We get a reason for Ivy to hate the cops/government/men/etc. Selina Kyle being everywhere is kinda awesome. She is so good that she is is unnoticed.
Alfred is a dick but then he should be to a certain extant. The man is now raising a child and he clearly needs a firm hand. Bruce is all kinds of awesome.

Fish Mooney just sucks, but the Penguin and Falcone are great.

I can forgive things that are wrong, I mean I did watch 10 years of Smallville. I have high hopes for this show but this is Fox and they tend to kill great shows.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I liked it. Gordon is stiff but then he should be. He is missing his cigar though and that is a part of the character IMHO. I don't like a dirty Bullock, he should be right on the edge but not out and out dirty.
Riddler as a CSI is kind of inspired. We get a reason for Ivy to hate the cops/government/men/etc. Selina Kyle being everywhere is kinda awesome. She is so good that she is is unnoticed.
Alfred is a dick but then he should be to a certain extant. The man is now raising a child and he clearly needs a firm hand. Bruce is all kinds of awesome.

Fish Mooney just sucks, but the Penguin and Falcone are great.

I can forgive things that are wrong, I mean I did watch 10 years of Smallville. I have high hopes for this show but this is Fox and they tend to kill great shows.

Yeah Fox is my biggest concern about this show. Even if it is really good they are notorious for not giving great shows a chance to find their legs.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:13 pm

One could argue that great shows don't need to find their legs. (Firefly was fucked by corporate assholes who never believed in the show, that's different.)

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 pm

It's an OK start but let's not kid ourselves, any further goodwill this show gets is from the Batman comic references.

It has promise but Fish Moony (whoever made that name should be fired) needs to go away. Will give it a few more eps though.

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 am

Haven't caught this yet, but disappointed that they've gone with the New 52 mindset of introducing everybody at once. Arrow, which started slow too TBH, had the right idea with the gradual, staggered introduction of comic characters.

leave a comment with facebook