Advertisement

Review Group Week 161 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Official SuperginraiX Review!

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I must have been one of the few people to enjoy the Quasar mini from Annihilation Conquest. :?

Gage and Lilly were awesome on that book. I don't get the Phyla hate either.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Gage and Lilly were awesome on that book. I don't get the Phyla hate either.

I think it's less Phyla-hate than Wendell-love.

You can't hate Phyla, she's a sexy space lesbian!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Punchy wrote:I think it's less Phyla-hate than Wendell-love.

You can't hate Phyla, she's a sexy space lesbian!

Yeps, but I'm guessing he'll be fully restored by the end of WoK.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Probably will post a review later tonight. With the first few choices I am definitely back!

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:12 pm

I just had an idea. I'm not sure if you had considered this before but what about two picks each week? That way people have an option since people sometimes decline bc of trade waiting, or low on funds or something along those lines. With two books for the week the chance of you buying at least one of the books is twice as likely. Plus the membership list has grown quite a bit in the last few weeks so it would give us a shot to pick a book a bit faster. As it stands now it won't be my turn again for like 4 months. Just to clarify, I mean the next two people on the list each pick one book for the week. Just an idea. Good idea? bad idea? let me know.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Chubbles wrote:I just had an idea. I'm not sure if you had considered this before but what about two picks each week? That way people have an option since people sometimes decline bc of trade waiting, or low on funds or something along those lines. With two books for the week the chance of you buying at least one of the books is twice as likely. Plus the membership list has grown quite a bit in the last few weeks so it would give us a shot to pick a book a bit faster. As it stands now it won't be my turn again for like 4 months. Just to clarify, I mean the next two people on the list each pick one book for the week. Just an idea. Good idea? bad idea? let me know.

We've talked about it before. And I like the idea, however if there are two picks every week, I would really like it if one were for a smaller indy type book. I think last time we talked about it, it was because of my penchant for picking books no one could find, but were usually super awesome.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:We've talked about it before. And I like the idea, however if there are two picks every week, I would really like it if one were for a smaller indy type book. I think last time we talked about it, it was because of my penchant for picking books no one could find, but were usually super awesome.

I agree, I would like one mainstream book and one not so mainstream. I don't know if mainstream would mean only the big two or maybe stretch that to include Image and/or Vertigo as well.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Chubbles wrote:I agree, I would like one mainstream book and one not so mainstream. I don't know if mainstream would mean only the big two or maybe stretch that to include Image and/or Vertigo as well.

evidently, it means anything not in the top ten. :P
I'd say Dark Horse, Image, and Vertigo/Icon are sufficiently unmainstream.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:32 pm

if amlah doesn't like our idea then I say we dethrone him :twisted:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Chubbles wrote:if amlah doesn't like our idea then I say we dethrone him :twisted:

I never want Amlah to give it up, cause it would mean all eyes would turn on me and I am horribly unreliable.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:I never want Amlah to give it up, cause it would mean all eyes would turn on me and I am horribly unreliable.

you assume i'd nominate you as the new czar? hahah j/k

I couldn't possibly nominate someone who hates marvel cosmic as much as you do :D

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Chubbles wrote:you assume i'd nominate you as the new czar? hahah j/k

I couldn't possibly nominate someone who hates marvel cosmic as much as you do :D

where did this misconception that I hate Marvel Comics come from? :?

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Check it again, i said Marvel Cosmic...freudian slip on your part if i do say so myself hahah

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Chubbles wrote:Check it again, i said Marvel Cosmic...freudian slip on your part if i do say so myself hahah

oh, if I wasn't distracted by the mouth breather in my shop, I could read better. To be fair I hate all cosmic stuff. I started the DC stuff a year or so before I began the Marvel stuff, so it won by default as I had already created a working knowledge of the Legion before Annihilation even began. Again, I like the Drax miniseries... what do you want from me?

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 pm

I want you to share in the love of Nova and GotG, both exceptional books imo. GL also has been pretty good. I think I'm the opposite of you in that I'm a sucker for the cosmic stuff.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand