Friday, May 6, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week 161 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

malcolm reynolds

Garbage Collector

Postby malcolm reynolds » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Heh... I honestly thought you were just doing a really, really late review of War of Kings.

Lets go with that one, at least my review will roll right on from this one haha.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:27 pm

We should have reviewed WoK anyway, so no harm, no foul

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy #11 was interesting, a solid venture for the title but obviously it's missing the characters that currently make up that team. Don't get me wrong though Dan and Andy know exactly what they are doing as we get a very obscure old character guest starring here as well as some great Phayla and Drax material that shows both characters have truly grown after everything that's been going on.

The art here is beautiful as well as I saw some truly unique stuff being done in a storytelling perspective. I think it fits perfectly into the book and I wonder if this is the new permanent artist for a while.

I give it an 8.

Took me long enough I know. ;-)

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm

doombug wrote:Took me long enough I know. ;-)

Better late than never. :D

Also, that puts you within 3 of 50 reviews posted.

Daringd

Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Okay I know late but. It was okay not great thought it was a little odd. If it was the first issue of the series there is no way I would of stayed..what is this weeks?

5/10

Daringd

Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Awesome I already read and LOVED Invincible this week

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Daringd wrote:Okay I know late but. It was okay not great thought it was a little odd. If it was the first issue of the series there is no way I would of stayed..what is this weeks?

Score?

Invincible #60, the thread's a few posts down the page. :wink:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:44 pm

amlah6 wrote:Better late than never. :D

Also, that puts you within 3 of 50 reviews posted.

3 of 50? :? I'm confused.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:47 pm

doombug wrote:3 of 50? :? I'm confused.

within 3 of 50 aka 47 total :wink:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:within 3 of 50 aka 47 total :wink:

Ah over all, since the old rama days. That's not too shabby. :wink:

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

So... super late score to go with a capsule to be linked at a later date when it goes live (assuming my editor doesn't squash it cause he loves this book and I am harsh, will link if and when it goes live)...

Story 3
Art 8
Overall 5.5

so what the fuck did I just read? that made no sense and was like getting a summary of philosophy 101 from middle schoolers. Seriously that was some whack shit. I stand by my opinion of these stupid Marvel Cosmic books. They only work when the Hulk and Silver Surfer fight gladiator style.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 am

thefourthman wrote:So... super late score to go with a capsule to be linked at a later date when it goes live (assuming my editor doesn't squash it cause he loves this book and I am harsh, will link if and when it goes live)...

Story 3
Art 8
Overall 5.5

so what the fuck did I just read? that made no sense and was like getting a summary of philosophy 101 from middle schoolers. Seriously that was some whack shit. I stand by my opinion of these stupid Marvel Cosmic books. They only work when the Hulk and Silver Surfer fight gladiator style.

That was only a level or two above Yoni in it's elegance. You shoulda used the word "skullfuck." :P

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 am

SuperginraiX wrote:That was only a level or two above Yoni in it's elegance. You shoulda used the word "skullfuck." :P

I'm late, I have a review that is better written floating in the interweb and we all knew I was going to be fairly biased... in summary, bite me and oh yeah SKULLFUCK!

leave a comment with facebook