Advertisement

Review Group Week 162 - INVINCIBLE #60

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Punchy wrote:Was that the issue with naked Dakota North?

It was awesome.

I think so. It was the first issue of the Lady Bullseye arc.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:37 pm

amlah6 wrote:I think so. It was the first issue of the Lady Bullseye arc.

Nudity...

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm hoping Mann is Andy Diggle's artist when he takes over Daredevil
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Bob_at_york
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Bob_at_york » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 pm

I don't get this, why aren't we talking about Invincible? :?
Should I post here?

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:I'm hoping Mann is Andy Diggle's artist when he takes over Daredevil

Was there every any confirmation of that beyond Cup O' Joe? Maybe Diggle's just doing a mini or something.

/wishful thinking'd

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Bob_at_york wrote:I don't get this, why aren't we talking about Invincible? :?

Not enough nudity.

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Punchy wrote:Immortal has had his head ripped off before!

I think the only long term effect from this will be the Rex stuff, but even that is a long term thing as it relates to super-hero comics so I give it three years before Kirkman brings him back in some form. Eve will be hurt for an arc or so, Immortal will be back as soon as Kirkman has another reason to tear his head off. If there were other Invincible Universe characters hurt or injured it happened so fast I either didn't realize it or they only became relevant in the 4th hardcover.

Future stories with the Invincible-Primes should be fun though, but I'm not expecting to see them again until the 7th hardcover. :wink:

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Bob_at_york wrote:I don't get this, why aren't we talking about Invincible? :?

Next week's pick is serious business.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

amlah6 wrote:Was there every any confirmation of that beyond Cup O' Joe? Maybe Diggle's just doing a mini or something.

/wishful thinking'd

The next day Diggle posted two consecutive tweets that I think are in reference to it

"Can: Open"
"Worms: Everywhere"

It's going to be soooooooooooo awesome. Diggle on Daredevil, Hawkeye and Thunderbolts. DC squandered him big time and Marvel aren't making that mistake

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm

amlah6 wrote:I think the only long term effect from this will be the Rex stuff, but even that is a long term thing as it relates to super-hero comics so I give it three years before Kirkman brings him back in some form. Eve will be hurt for an arc or so, Immortal will be back as soon as Kirkman has another reason to tear his head off. If there were other Invincible Universe characters hurt or injured it happened so fast I either didn't realize it or they only became relevant in the 4th hardcover.

Future stories with the Invincible-Primes should be fun though, but I'm not expecting to see them again until the 7th hardcover. :wink:

Stop talking in terms of hardcovers! These words mean nothing to me! I speak of issues sir! Issues! (and the first 4 trades, but shut up)

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:The next day Diggle posted two consecutive tweets that I think are in reference to it

"Can: Open"
"Worms: Everywhere"

It's going to be soooooooooooo awesome. Diggle on Daredevil, Hawkeye and Thunderbolts. DC squandered him big time and Marvel aren't making that mistake

Dammit, I added him just so I could see if he commented on it and then I miss the gorram tweets... I blame McKelvie and his how to get into the business tweets. :x :x :x :wink:

Bob_at_york
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Bob_at_york » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:48 pm

amlah6 wrote:I think the only long term effect from this will be the Rex stuff, but even that is a long term thing as it relates to super-hero comics so I give it three years before Kirkman brings him back in some form. Eve will be hurt for an arc or so, Immortal will be back as soon as Kirkman has another reason to tear his head off. If there were other Invincible Universe characters hurt or injured it happened so fast I either didn't realize it or they only became relevant in the 4th hardcover.

What about Mark's Mom? Do you think she made it through it all unhurt? With the way all those Invicibles were talking, I wouldn't be surprised if one took a shot at her.
Should I post here?

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:49 pm

amlah6 wrote:Dammit, I added him just so I could see if he commented on it and then I miss the gorram tweets... I blame McKelvie and his how to get into the business tweets. :x :x :x :wink:

Did you see the Phonogram v2 #2 page!? :-D

Postby ****** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Punchy wrote:Stop talking in terms of hardcovers! These words mean nothing to me! I speak of issues sir! Issues! (and the first 4 trades, but shut up)

Yeah, but the Invincible-Primes bit was good though, right?

That's all I could think of when I read the comic, "oh gosh, Kirkman's made a bunch of Superboy-Primes, that's subtle." :roll: :lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, but the Invincible-Primes bit was good though, right?

That's all I could think of when I read the comic, "oh gosh, Kirkman's made a bunch of Superboy-Primes, that's subtle." :roll: :lol:

Well, our Invincible is the Prime one, these guys are the other versions from lame universes like the 616 or 712 something.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand