Tuesday, November 13, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Is'nana The Were-Spider, My new book

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Greg wrote:Thank you so much, Arion! :smt026

You're welcome!

You gotta tell me what's your secret. When I tried doing a crowdfunding campaign in 2013 it was a complete disaster.

disorder

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby disorder » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Ten hours left and nearly at 10k. Congratulations!

We recently crept over our goal with a week left, but with a smaller number of high value contributors. We were both nearly absent from social media before launching our campaign, so lesson learned there. Some pre-kickstarter marketing definitely seems advisable.

The saturation of comic projects on kickstarter is interesting to keep an eye on too. There are 182 live projects now, but only half that a month ago.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:57 am

Yeah, social media definitely played a big part. Facebook, really. A lot of people shared the video all over the place and it gained a lot of traction and attention. Another thing is also targeting the specific audience this could appeal to. For me, it's fans of black based characters and heroes, fans of African and Caribbean folklore, horror fans, etc.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:54 am

Arion wrote:
You're welcome!

You gotta tell me what's your secret. When I tried doing a crowdfunding campaign in 2013 it was a complete disaster.

Same here man, happened to me when I tried to do it for the NCD hardcover.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Same here man, happened to me when I tried to do it for the NCD hardcover.

Well, then I can say "I know how it feels"...

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Hey, guys! Long time. Just wanted to post the link to my recent Kickstarter for Vol 2! It's been doing really well thus far within it's first week and drawing closer to the goal. People who missed out on the first one can pledge for a copy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... r-volume-2

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:11 pm

A recent interview I did.

"Despite the awesome quality works coming out from the Black indie scene, there’s still a lot that can be done. Message boards and social media groups have come a long way, pushing out materials to be supported, but a HUGE majority of POC fans are still preaching and complaining about Marvel and DC’s usage of some of their Black characters yet they still won’t put their money where their mouth is and try out some critically acclaimed or fan favorite Black indie books. And the crappy thing is, we can’t get more of our stuff out without all the support that would actually help us produce and represent us in a better light."

https://squidmag.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/greg-anderson-elysee-creating-isnana-the-were-spider-african-comics/

Less than 2 days left to help support and get a copy of Is'nana if anyone is interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1942007293/isnana-the-were-spider-volume-2

Scarecrow

SUSHI FISH

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Congrats on the Glyph awards for Is'nana

leave a comment with facebook