Thursday, June 29, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

crazywords

Mad Hatter

Postby crazywords » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

carkey wrote:
I sucked at video games...I still do, but the one I had the most fun at and looking back as ground breaking for the video game industry would be GoldenEye 007. It lead the way for first person shooter games.

Edit: Bomberman would be s close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomberman was one of my favorite games after goldeneye

Starlock

cheese

Postby Starlock » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'll only have a single code this week. It will be for Assassin's Creed. No need to lurk the thread and I'll give everyone an equal shot at it. You just have to tell me what the best videogame movie ever made is and I'll enter you into the randomizer. Plus I could use a good laugh.

Warcraft......hahaha wait no...

I am going with Mortal Kombat as well.
If we are going off of the game, then I would say Resident Evil.

Just game by itself without a movie, going old school NES - toss up between Dragon Warrior 4 and Zelda.

Starlock

cheese

Postby Starlock » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

crazywords wrote:

Bomberman was one of my favorite games after goldeneye

Goldeneye was my second favorite 64 game next to MarioKart of course!

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 pm

I must be the one person who owned the N64 and didn't care for GoldenEye at all. Also never really cared for Halo, Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. Never even played one Assassin's Creed game.

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Alright, I threw all seven names into the randomizer and hit the magic button........the winner is GLX. I should have the code tomorrow as long as my mailman decides to deliver my mail. It should be good for your choice of iTunes or UV.

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 pm

It appears Vudu will be switching d2d to strictly on mobile devices. It looks like you scan the UPC of your movie and the app will use GPS to let them know where you're doing it from. It should effectively stop people from loading for other people. In-store d2d is being stopped too. Hopefully it means newer releases will be available in-home now. The UPCs should be easily found online, so they won't be able to stop people from just scanning movies they don't own from their home.

Starlock

cheese

Postby Starlock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:It appears Vudu will be switching d2d to strictly on mobile devices. It looks like you scan the UPC of your movie and the app will use GPS to let them know where you're doing it from. It should effectively stop people from loading for other people. In-store d2d is being stopped too. Hopefully it means newer releases will be available in-home now. The UPCs should be easily found online, so they won't be able to stop people from just scanning movies they don't own from their home.

That is weird. So you don't even need to insert the disc? Seems like less control than more.

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 am

Starlock wrote:That is weird. So you don't even need to insert the disc? Seems like less control than more.

It sounds like they just want to crackdown on all those d2d groups and people loading for each other. Plus they won't have to train their inept employees anymore in their stores. They already have the placeholder pages up on Vudu and people have already been told in stores that they've stopped. It might be ready to go this week. I wouldn't be surprised if the 50% off deal is eliminated also.

Starlock

cheese

Postby Starlock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It sounds like they just want to crackdown on all those d2d groups and people loading for each other. Plus they won't have to train their inept employees anymore in their stores. They already have the placeholder pages up on Vudu and people have already been told in stores that they've stopped. It might be ready to go this week. I wouldn't be surprised if the 50% off deal is eliminated also.

Dang it. I have 7 in my d2d queue. Better get another 3 and use my credits quick!

Sarahroo

Expert Post Whore

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It sounds like they just want to crackdown on all those d2d groups and people loading for each other. Plus they won't have to train their inept employees anymore in their stores. They already have the placeholder pages up on Vudu and people have already been told in stores that they've stopped. It might be ready to go this week. I wouldn't be surprised if the 50% off deal is eliminated also.
]

I get not doing it in stores but the scanned upc seems odd.

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Sarahroo wrote:I get not doing it in stores but the scanned upc seems odd.

It is Walmart
You can't expect too much from them
They'll figure out after a year or 2 upcs are easily obtained

carkey

dINGO

Postby carkey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Now people will be selling UPC codes in the G+ groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

It's supposed to allow only one load of each movie per location. If you try scanning a movie in a location that you don't live at, the movie just drops out of your cart. What happens to those who live in apartment buildings and someone in the building already loaded the movie for themselves? What happens if you move, does it reset because you live in a new location? Then there's honest people with real physical collections that tossed their cases out and put their movies into binders to save space. So those people are screwed or need to search online for UPC's. There will be many problems with this and they'll eventually just drop d2d completely. I honestly can't believe they're still keeping it around.

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 pm

It looks like they're also keeping in-home d2d with the new in-app d2d. Apparently just in-store will be eliminated. In-app only allows 100 conversions a year and is tied to GPS. No mention of the 50% deal with in-app, but they're allowing your first conversion for free again.

http://www.vudu.com/in_mobile_disc_to_digital.html

They updated the terms of service for d2d.

Disc to Digital:

You may have the opportunity to convert your physical Blu-ray and DVD discs into electronic copies that may be stored and viewed through the Vudu Service via the Disc to Digital program. The Disc to Digital program is only available for physical Blu-ray™ and DVD titles that have been legitimately purchased and are presently owned by you and have not been previously used in a Disc to Digital conversion.

Vudu reserves the right to cancel or suspend any transaction, or place any account on hold at any time with or without notification to you in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity or a misuse of Vudu Service or violation of these Terms of Service. Vudu is not obligated to refund a cancelled or suspended transaction, or to provide any credits or other reimbursement for an account placed on hold.

Vudu Disc to Digital is patent pending.

Let the termination of Vudu accounts begin.

GiveWarAChance

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 pm

If the app allows the use of credits for d2d and it has new movies that used to be in-store only, I'll be back in the d2d game. I have a ton of movies that couldn't be read on my PC.

leave a comment with facebook