Sunday, April 23, 2017 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Tries Again To Get You Interested in Inhumans With 'Inhumans: Once And Future Kings'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Priest recruited to help.

Source: New Marvel Comic Explores the Secret History of the Inhumans

Marvel will try once again to get readers interested in the Inhumans by releasing a new 5-issue miniseries titled Inhumans: Once and Future Kings. Once and Future Kings will tell the "definitive" history of the Inhuman Royal Family, focusing on the early days of Blackagar Boltagon aka. Black Bolt, including:

"… his courtship of Medusa, his conflict with exiled Inhuman king, The Unspoken, and Black Bolt's rivalry with his brother, Maximus."

Marvel is also bringing some talent in to work on this miniseries. Christopher Priest (Black Panther, Quantum and Woody) will be returning to write for Marvel after being away from the company for 12 years (he stayed away from comic writing in general for 10 years). Joining him on art will be Phil Noto (Star Wars: Poe Dameron). In addition, Ryan North (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl) will be providing a Lockjaw 2-page backup story for each issue.

Inhumans_Once_and_Future_Kings_1_Cover_by_Nick_Bradshaw.jpgInhumans: Once and Future Kings #1 cover by Nick Bradshaw

Inhumans: Once and Future Kings should hit shelves in August.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Not a Kardashian

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Glaeken

cheese

Postby Glaeken » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm sure the Lockjaw back-up will be more enjoyable.

nwoslave

Faster Pussycat

Postby nwoslave » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 pm

while i enjoy the Inhumans the latest push was kinda meh even while creating new an interesting inhumans and new dynamics in the royal family members. i think marvel among other things doesnt know how to differentiate them from the x-men franchise to make them interesting. which at this stage of the game the whole fear of mutants just seems like archaic idea all things considered in American culture.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Why the fuck does Marvel keep giving Nick Bradshaw covers but not another ongoing? I LOVE that dude's art.

NeverReady

Garbage Collector

Postby NeverReady » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Atta boy, Perlmutter! Keep flogging that cold, dead meat.

Keep on pushing the Inhumans as the new X-Men, too . One of 'em's got to pay off. Maybe.

Sam Malone

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Sam Malone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:15 am

Gotta say I've been enjoying the I humans stuff more than Marvel's recent titles, so I look forward to this.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:26 am

pass

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 am

I already have the "definitive" history of the Inhuman Royal Family. It's called the 60s &70s stories by Stan, Jack and Doug Moench.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I already have the "definitive" history of the Inhuman Royal Family. It's called the 60s &70s stories by Stan, Jack and Doug Moench.

That's goddamn right.

Bianco

Great Scott!!!

Postby Bianco » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I already have the "definitive" history of the Inhuman Royal Family. It's called the 60s &70s stories by Stan, Jack and Doug Moench.

Thank you

They have been around for decades and making them fake X-Men is not going to make them more popular. Original concept and origin work great

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm

back to the well AGAIN...
to poison it! and this time the title sounds like marvel wants to make them the 'master race'...
:smt011 :smt013 :smt011
DIE marvel DIE

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Peter-J-DeadPoole wrote:back to the well AGAIN...
to poison it! and this time the title sounds like marvel wants to make them the 'master race'...
:smt011 :smt013 :smt011
DIE marvel DIE

Oh, come ON... :roll:

DJ Convoy

Post Whore

Postby DJ Convoy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm

On the one hand, Priest.

On the other hand, who gives a fuck about the Inhumans? Somewhat interesting as guest stars, and completely bogus in their own books.

Glaeken

cheese

Postby Glaeken » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

At least they abandoned Bendis's attempt to go with the idea of the Beyonder being a mutant Inhuman.

leave a comment with facebook