Sunday, August 20, 2017 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Joss Whedon Rumored To Change Justice League Ending So It Ends "Like A Movie"

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Joss Whedon Rumored To Change Justice League Ending So It Ends

The film won't end on a cliffhanger anymore.

Source: Slash Film

Reports of the extent of Joss Whedon's $25 million reshoots of Justice League are beginning to appear including out Henry Cavill's mustache, lighting up Cyborg's tone to make him more fun, and changing the ending so it ends "like a movie".

The original plot for Justice League was based on Steppenwolf starting Apokolips' invasion of Earth by collecting Mother Boxes, which would culminate in Darkseid invading Earth to set up the sequel. The report says that "the ending of the movie was a cliffhanger and Justice League 2 was going to be Justice League vs. Darkseid", meaning that all of Justice League would be unnecessary set up.

Regarding the use of two directors, Batman actor Ben Affleck called it "unorthodox" and the end result "an interesting product", which is what every studio wants their star to call their movie.

Justice League is set to release on November 17, 2017, less than three months away.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:48 am

This movie has all kinds of bad written all over it.

Bianco

Great Scott!!!

Postby Bianco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:40 am

Usually when a director gets replaced the movie comes out bad, especially with these two breaking different approaches

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:22 am

Bianco wrote:Usually when a director gets replaced the movie comes out bad, especially with these two breaking different approaches

And especially when replaced so late.

Superman II had problems because Lester replaced Donner, but at least they were still in principle shooting when it happened. Replacing after principle shooting is over is a huge problem, because they have to keep most of the scenes. It's going to be very hard to make all the new shots 'look like' the old style AND also change it to a new style that isn't so 'unwatchable.'

Again this movie has all kinds of bad written all over it.

Glaeken

cheese

Postby Glaeken » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

You have movies that are pure Oscar bait. This movie is pure Razzie bait.

casbyness

expert hobo killer

Postby casbyness » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:53 pm

They should just leave Cavill's moustache in the new scenes, it could be like the wig in Fant4stic and give the movie some true entertainment value :)

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm

This movie is nothing but red flags. Red flags all the way down.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I think when it was originally announced that Whedon was stepping in to finish all this post work, people had this moment of Return of the King style giddiness. That the guy who gave us the one and only example of how an expanded cinematic universe could work to bring in all these characters to form a coherent film narrative was coming in to 'save' Warner/DC. Now the drunken euphoria is over and the hangover begins...

This could all still work out. GoG had extensive reshoots too. So it might turn out for the better. It could also make a film so bad that it kills audiences love for extended cinematic universes. And then I'll never again have to watch something like The Mummy, or the six sequels to Alien Covenant that Ridley Scott wants to make.

Draco x

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby Draco x » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Basically what this is saying is that even Whedon can't save this movie at this point if it's as bad as the rumors have stated.

Spacedog

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spacedog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

If I could sum up the state of the "DC Cinematic Universe" in one word, it would be 'heartbroken'. So many great characters and concepts, but so many stupid people in charge of DC's intellectual properties.

No One

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby No One » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 am

Clockwork_Fish wrote:I think when it was originally announced that Whedon was stepping in to finish all this post work, people had this moment of Return of the King style giddiness. That the guy who gave us the one and only example of how an expanded cinematic universe could work to bring in all these characters to form a coherent film narrative was coming in to 'save' Warner/DC. Now the drunken euphoria is over and the hangover begins...

This could all still work out. GoG had extensive reshoots too. So it might turn out for the better. It could also make a film so bad that it kills audiences love for extended cinematic universes. And then I'll never again have to watch something like The Mummy, or the six sequels to Alien Covenant that Ridley Scott wants to make.

I am kind of getting Extended Universe'd out. I mean, I obviously like most of the Marvel stuff. I guess when you're going in with an actual plan and the story itself can and would benefit from it, I don't have much of a problem with it. But far too many franchises and IPs are getting jacked up to cash in on the Universe setup and they don't have the legs to support it.

In the case of Ridley Scott and Alien: Covenant and the likely still upcoming sequels, I'm good with that because at least it's going to be interesting. Prometheus and Covenent were both flawed but really interesting/engaging. So, as long as they're actually trying to do something with it, I don't mind more of Ridley Scott's madness in this world.

But the Mummy? No. And I definitely don't want to see my beloved Transformers crossing over with GiJoe, even if they've done it numerous times in the comics (and unofficially in the cartoon). The Transformers movies already have a hard time being the main character in their own movie, I don't need to see Optimus Prime take backseat to Duke.

No One

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby No One » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am

Spacedog wrote:If I could sum up the state of the "DC Cinematic Universe" in one word, it would be 'heartbroken'. So many great characters and concepts, but so many stupid people in charge of DC's intellectual properties.

Even though I make fun of and take shots at the DCEU, it's not out of spite more sadness of what could have been. And while do make fun of DC fans, I feel their pain. I know what it's like to have a series you love being ran by a bunch of monkeys flinging feces against the wall and going with what sticks AND what drops. Lorenzo Di Boneventura is in charge of the Transformers movieverse and hell does it show.

I've defended the Transformers movies but the last one broke me. The first one was great, the second one sucked (for a variety of reasons), the third one was better and the fourth one seemed like they learned their lesson and was righting the ship.

Then, the fifth one happened and it's all due to Lorenzo being a dumbass and forcing two movies worth of stories into one, which is exaberated due to Paramount wanting the movie time to be cut down so they cut out a lot of stuff. What good is a writing room if you're going to have a dumbass producer not listen to the creative people involved.

You can tell this idiot doesn't even know the franchise because everyone in interviews knows what they're talking about when they're talking the movies up except this moron.

Spacedog

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spacedog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am

No One wrote:
Even though I make fun of and take shots at the DCEU, it's not out of spite more sadness of what could have been. And while do make fun of DC fans, I feel their pain. I know what it's like to have a series you love being ran by a bunch of monkeys flinging feces against the wall and going with what sticks AND what drops. Lorenzo Di Boneventura is in charge of the Transformers movieverse and hell does it show.

I've defended the Transformers movies but the last one broke me. The first one was great, the second one sucked (for a variety of reasons), the third one was better and the fourth one seemed like they learned their lesson and was righting the ship.

Then, the fifth one happened and it's all due to Lorenzo being a dumbass and forcing two movies worth of stories into one, which is exaberated due to Paramount wanting the movie time to be cut down so they cut out a lot of stuff. What good is a writing room if you're going to have a dumbass producer not listen to the creative people involved.

You can tell this idiot doesn't even know the franchise because everyone in interviews knows what they're talking about when they're talking the movies up except this moron.

The thing that comforts me is knowing that all these people - Snyder, Johns, Bonaventura, etc - will eventually get the fuck out of the way and fade out. These characters and concepts are highly resilient. They survived amid manifold troubles in the past, including the interference of untalented assholes - and they will survive again.

On the other hand, the negative impact of things like Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad shouldn't be underestimated. It's a huge setback - even for iconic characters like Batman and Superman.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:19 pm

I think a Universal Monster movie universe could work. But you have to make movies in the spirit of the originals and make a series of stand alone movies with small links to rebuild the brand and then do Frankenstein vs Wolfman and what not. Basically. Make a Dracula movie that includes the iconography of the original. Make a Frankenstein movie that includes the iconography of the original. Then bring them together. You don't have to Marvel the shit out of it.

No One

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby No One » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Spacedog wrote:The thing that comforts me is knowing that all these people - Snyder, Johns, Bonaventura, etc - will eventually get the fuck out of the way and fade out. These characters and concepts are highly resilient. They survived amid manifold troubles in the past, including the interference of untalented assholes - and they will survive again.

On the other hand, the negative impact of things like Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad shouldn't be underestimated. It's a huge setback - even for iconic characters like Batman and Superman.

With the exception of 20th Century FOX, I agree (I think they're doomed to put out mediocre work with their licensed IPs with a few exceptions here and there and they're just going to keep putting out shit just to keep the license).

To the rest, true, very true. At some point, a confluence of circumstances will get the right guys in place and all of these IPs will get the love that they deserve.

StrongStyleFiction wrote:I think a Universal Monster movie universe could work. But you have to make movies in the spirit of the originals and make a series of stand alone movies with small links to rebuild the brand and then do Frankenstein vs Wolfman and what not. Basically. Make a Dracula movie that includes the iconography of the original. Make a Frankenstein movie that includes the iconography of the original. Then bring them together. You don't have to Marvel the shit out of it.

Exactly! Less Marvel/more LoEG would be the way to go here. The former being linked at the hip, the latter is built upon referencing but many times, not actually having all the various characters appear at the same time.

Having characters from each franchise mentioned, OCCASIONALLY cameo when necessary, but largely kept separate. I figured that shit was going to go out the window the minute they said Tom Cruise was involved and the lead. Because Cruise would not have signed on for this if it wasn't going to revolve around himself (I don't hate TC's movies and I love the M:I series but there's just certain you know to expect in a Tom Cruise movie and horror/thriller is not something I equate with him).

Everytime I remember Tom was in serious consideration for playing Iron Man I count my lucky stars how much we dodged a bullet there. For one, RDJ is a better, more charismatic actor but two, I can't picture Tom in an ensemble like Avengers working well (yeah, I know he's in an ensemble in the M:I series but he's largely the main character with the others playing patsy to him). As much screen time as RDJ has in the MArvel movies, he still can play well with the rest of the cast so that everyone shines.

Simply put, I just don't think Tom would have as much fun with the role as RDJ does.

leave a comment with facebook